Bra liner/inserts ... Any ideas?

(7 Posts)
Smarterthantheaveragebeaver Sun 24-May-15 12:30:57

Ive recently bought some new bras, thanks to a MN intervention. Am really happy with them, but OMG, the lacy fabric on one of them is causing severe friction burns on my nipple (only the left one, for some reason confused ).

Is there a device I could buy to put inside the cup to stop this? I've tried the runner's trick of using vaseline on the affected area, and also soaking in fabric conditioner and water, but no joy. I don't really need anything to fill 'em out stealth boast just something to make it more wearable as the fit and shape is otherwise great.

poppym12 Sun 24-May-15 12:36:59

What about nipple covers? Or is the lace irritating all over?

I'd hazard a guess your boobs are slightly different sizes - probably the left is a sniff smaller so that breast moves a little more.

I've not seen anything specific but a small piece of cotton fabric, or a nipple cover as suggested would work

DamsonInDistress Sun 24-May-15 14:55:25

Silk patch?

tomanyanimals Sun 24-May-15 18:09:28

Runners trick of a plaster but may take away the nice look for the bra

Smarterthantheaveragebeaver Sun 24-May-15 18:16:24

I dont think I could bear taking off the plaster, tomanyanimals.

It does kind of irritate all over on the left boob only, but the shape is fab. Ideally what Id like is a silk lining, but I think that the lace is so coarse it would soon wear through it. Grrr.

addictedtosugar Sun 24-May-15 18:28:59

What about a breast pad designed for leaking milk. Could get reusuables or disposables. Soft, and designed to go in bras

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now