Bra interventionist help - Sports bras!

(6 Posts)
blackjacker Thu 21-May-15 19:25:27

Lovely bra interventionists!

Are the sizing rules the same for sports bras? I measure 36 underneath and 51 on top and wear 36JJ in 'normal' bras. I've clearly got massive boobs so strapping 'em down properly when exercising is a chore! Any bra recs also gratefully received...

HazleNutt Thu 21-May-15 21:02:21

For Freya and Panache - yes, you can buy your normal size, both very nice bras. For Shock Absorber, I personally need to go up at least one back size, they run very tight.

I'm not a BI but in my experience yes, if you go for ones made by bra makers, iyswim. I love the Freya active ones, and wear the same size as in normal bras.

CMOTDibbler Thu 21-May-15 21:33:03

In the current Panache I'm up a band size and down two cup sizes from normal (Bravissimo staff said they were big in the cup).

I don't get on very well with SA as they are so small in the band I have to go up two bands, and then I don't feel they fit properly.

I've heard very good things about Enell for big norks, and the lady who runs Less Bounce is super helpful - I chatted with her at a triathlon show and she ran me through all the suitable bras, how they'd fit and so on

blackjacker Thu 21-May-15 22:32:35

Lots of great suggestions, I'll order a few and give them a go!

I wear standard band size but a cup down in the Panache, but it is on the snug side. The older Freya (underwired but kinda ugly) I had to size up in the band but the newer one I believe is better. Unfortunately the Panache stops at an H cup but you could try the 38H

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now