Would you return these shoes to John Lewis?

(10 Posts)
hairhelpplease Thu 21-May-15 09:31:15

I bought a pair of Gabor shoes from JL about 3/4 weeks ago. The fit was fine when I got them. Nice an comfy. Now a few weeks on they have become so stretched I can't keep the right one on. I am not sure if this is a reasonable return - they were £75!

Greengardenpixie Thu 21-May-15 09:45:03

Im not sure. Will be really hard to prove you didnt do something to them [ which of course you didnt]. The thing is though, they are not fit for purpose but its hard to prove that your feet hadnt stretched them or you had them stretched etc etc..You could chance it. What have you got to lose?

Greengardenpixie Thu 21-May-15 09:46:02

What shoes are they? Maybe it depends upon the style? What are they made of?

hairhelpplease Thu 21-May-15 09:50:41

Leather flat Gabor navy pumps. A bit pissed off as id never usually buy some so expensive. If usually get from next or marks at half that price but they were originally for a wedding so decided to treat myself.

Greengardenpixie Thu 21-May-15 09:52:43

What about putting a slight insole in them? Sometimes shoes that run big for me are fixed by doing this. Takes up the extra space.
It would piss me off too!!!

springalong Thu 21-May-15 09:54:35

I wear Gabor all the time - they are beautiful quality shoes. I have never had a problem. It suggests to me that the fit on you is not quite right. John Lewis used to offer great customer service so perhaps try them. They can see from heels and soles the wear.

Greengardenpixie Thu 21-May-15 09:56:36

The thing is too, sadly leather does stretch when wearing them. I have a pair of palladium trainer type shoes that were fine when i tried them on. After a days wear i have realised they feel way too small!!!!
On a plus, feet do swell when its warm though so you may find that your shoes may fit if when it gets warmer. Its quite cold here in Scotland atm so if its like here your feet may have just naturally got 'smaller' because it is chillier.

gilmoregirl Thu 21-May-15 09:59:23

The same thing happened to me a few years ago.

They were expensive work shoes - black court shoes - I cannot remember the brand, maybe Carvella.

They fitted in the shop and I wore them for a few weeks before they stretched so much I could not wear them as they would not stay on my feet. I took them back to Frasers and I had major negotiation in the shop.

I think they refused to do anything and I stood my ground and they sent them off to be "tested" for a fault.

I would definitely take them back and see what happens. Shoes that fit should not stretch so much that you cannot wear them!

dexter73 Thu 21-May-15 10:02:16

I would give it a go as you have nothing to lose by trying.

AnotherEmma Thu 21-May-15 10:15:00

John Lewis are fantastic about returns. Give it a go - you have nothing to lose by trying, and I think you have a good chance of getting a refund.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now