Bra intervention urgently needed please!

(14 Posts)
Roobix04 Wed 20-May-15 11:33:09

Finally ditching my nursing bras and going shopping today. I don't think I've ever had a bra that fit right. If I've measured correctly I'm 34 under bust and 42 around my breasts. What size should I try? I was last told I was a 34 DD but that was in marks and spencers and while I was pregnant.

dementedpixie Wed 20-May-15 11:40:47

I get that as 34FF

Roobix04 Wed 20-May-15 11:41:32

Any help would be really appreciated. Need a new one before Friday.

CMOTDibbler Wed 20-May-15 11:42:28

Are you measuring like it says here?

Roobix04 Wed 20-May-15 11:42:44

X post. Really pixie? That's gonna be harder to find. Thank you.

Roobix04 Wed 20-May-15 11:43:32

Yes Dibbler that's where I got it from.

Mumstudentbum Wed 20-May-15 11:44:52

Why don't you go get measured? It's really not as bad as you think and the assistant will check that any bra fits before leaving the shop. In M&s its a free service too and you don't have to buy a bra from them. I never had a bra fit until I went and now it makes so much difference!!

treaclesoda Wed 20-May-15 11:45:59

I would also suggest trying a 34FF. Do you have a Debehnams or somewhere like that? They usually have a decent range in that size. And try some similar sizes too, eg a size bigger and a size smaller, for comparison. If you know what you are looking for (wires lying flat between your boobs, band not riding up) having a couple of different sizes to compare can be helpful.

Aside from being rubbish at measuring, in my experience the sizes in M&S are also rubbish, they don't match 'standard' sizes (eg, I think from memory that they don't even do a FF).

treaclesoda Wed 20-May-15 11:46:47

I definitely wouldn't get measures in M&S though. They are disastrous, particularly if that is the sort of size that you need.

Roobix04 Wed 20-May-15 11:51:45

There is a debenhams. Yeah I've realised never having had a wire site against my body properly is wrong. I definitely won't get measured in m&s again. Do debenhams do measuring?

treaclesoda Wed 20-May-15 11:57:16

I think Debenhams do measuring but tbh I'm not sure if they are good or not for measuring.

The only shop that I know of that definitely does consistently good measuring is Bravissimo. It is not foolproof and sometimes they get it wrong too, but it is much rarer than M&S who almost always get it wrong and send women out in ill fitting bras. Bravissimo have an excellent returns policy too - if they fitted you in store and you try it at home and find that it isn't a good fit, as far as I know they will exchange it.

DamsonInDistress Wed 20-May-15 12:42:38

Mumstudentbum do you work for M&S? You've posted on a few threads now about their wonderful measuring service. You should read some of the appalling experiences on the blog people have linked to - M&S have the most unreliable, inaccurate service in the country I'm afraid!

ScrambledSmegs Wed 20-May-15 12:50:55

Ah, the marvellous M&S bra measuring service smile. They put me in a 34D. I had such terrible back pain for ages.

My properly fitted bras are mostly 28FF/G. No wonder HM the Queen has such lovely posture, the monarchy is clearly very well supported.

Roobix04 Wed 20-May-15 20:24:39

I am indeed a 34 FF. Thank you for your help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now