Skin a mess :(

(10 Posts)
PuckyMup Mon 18-May-15 21:23:00

Help! My skin is a mess sad My T zone is all pore-y and greasy, I have breakouts all over my face BUT its also really dry sad

My hands are permanently dry no matter what I use on them or how much and now I seem to be getting dry skin on my arms and legs.

I've tried Dove and Nivea on my body/hands, and then also the lush helping hands, norwegian formula stuff and soap and glory hand cream. I've tried using t-tree wipes, plain water and an oatmeal soap for my face - not at once.

How do I fix this? What do I need to add or cut out of my diet and what lotions and potions do you lovely ladies recommend?

Walkingonsunshine00 Mon 18-May-15 21:29:58

Have you tried just simply drinking more water? smile

PuckyMup Mon 18-May-15 21:51:58

I drink 3l a day, is that not enough?

Back2Two Mon 18-May-15 21:54:41

Come on this thread and read the thread that preceded it.
There is loads of advice on here if you can dedicate a few hours to wade through it all. Bring a notebook and pen!

Walkingonsunshine00 Mon 18-May-15 21:55:40

Yes that's definitely enough (I think!) you could try Aveeno moisturising cream on dry areas?
And make sure you cleanse morning and night with a good cleanser - and take all make up off (if you wear it)

nowttodowithme Mon 18-May-15 22:03:07

I had this, had a blood test and had very low iron.

Maybe worth a trip to your GP?

PuckyMup Mon 18-May-15 22:03:38

No make up but will have a look for a good cleanser. Will investigate that thread, thanks smile

Back2Two Mon 18-May-15 22:06:33

If your skin is combination/oily or spot prone then avoid a foaming cleanser.

PuckyMup Mon 18-May-15 22:09:33

I had bloods in Feb and my iron was low then (but nothing was done) so that might be worth an investigation, thanks smile

Allie82 Tue 19-May-15 21:18:28

Try having a weekly soak in a bath with oilatum in. It's nice because it's milky not oily. I use the junior one.

I highly recommend Aveeno body lotion for arms/legs and sounds weird, but try an facial oil cleanser, it will help balance your face. The una Brennan vit c one is really good.

I also shave with aqueous cream which really helps too xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now