Please recommend girls tights for a tall and slim 4yo!

(9 Posts)
DrinkFeckArseGirls Mon 18-May-15 21:04:39

All the tight we have just end up between her knees. We already buy a size up. I think it's not even the length but crap elastics?
It was never a problem when she was in nappies.

Notfootball Mon 18-May-15 21:23:32

Same problem here, DD is 5, 7-8 trousers for length so I buy her 8-9/9-10 tights from Asda & Primark and believe me, I've tried them all. Surprisingly, Lidl did some fantastic navy school tights last August which stayed up and washed fantastically - better than the M&S ones we had the year before.

DrinkFeckArseGirls Tue 19-May-15 08:03:15

Will keep an eye out for Lidl's aisle of oddness, although now it's summer, there's no chance.

Primark's worked well for a while. Actually better than Debenhams' ones hmm

Norfolknway Tue 19-May-15 08:07:21

I have a tall long legged nearly 4 year old and have found the John Lewis tights to be the best.

The colour and thickness have stayed and they also stay up. The Tesco ones we bought are thin and the elastic has gone...they are terrible!

VillaVillekulla Tue 19-May-15 09:22:20

We have the same problem. John Lewis cotton tights are the only ones that seem to work for DD.

Artandco Tue 19-May-15 09:25:23

Country kids

Tamar86 Tue 19-May-15 09:38:58

I struggle as well. I always have to size up.

Personally, I have found John Lewis rubbish, too short in the rise, prone to shrinking, saggy round the crotch after a few washes.
H&M even worse.
M&Co not too bad.
M&S and H&M sometimes inexplicably lacking shaped feet, which DD finds uncomfortable.
Sainsbury's pretty good (but perhaps I have just been lucky)
Boden weren't too bad, but probably not worth the price.

I get them from tchibo.de now - fantastic quality. But you'd have to pay a delivery charge to order to the UK, so maybe not worth it. They are really good though.

ScrambledSmegs Tue 19-May-15 09:45:46

John Lewis here too.

I've also had some success with Sainsburys school tights, but not their non-school ones which don't have enough stretch in the legs.

H&M do tights by height not age, but they can come up a little big on the waist if you've got a beanpole child. However can't fault them for leg length, very generous.

DrinkFeckArseGirls Tue 19-May-15 12:15:35

So it looks like it really depends on a batch; each shop can bith have shitty and good tights. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now