Help! Need a maternity wedding outfit.

(11 Posts)
gingerbreadmam Mon 18-May-15 14:08:05

Please help. I'm trying to find a maternity outfit for 2 upcoming weddings. The first is an out doorsy wedding think barn conversion type thing. the second is an evening do in a golf club.

i am 30, size 16 and will be 20wks pg for the first one which is less than 2 wks away.

My usual go to shops are river island, asos, topshop, miss selfridge. i have ordered 2 dresses off asos that have arrived today. one is all beads and i know will be ruined after one wear plus it sits below my knee which i think is wrong. the other is scuba material which shows off all my flaws.

http://m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/ASOS-Maternity/ASOS-Maternity-Exclusive-Bodycon-Dress-With-Plunge-Neck-In-Scuba/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=4432034&cid=6413&Rf900=1465&Rf-200=9&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=50&sort=1&clr=Palepink&totalstyles=21&gridsize=3&un_jtt_v_frompage=0

http://m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/ASOS-Maternity/ASOS-Maternity-Skater-Dress-with-Victoriana-Embellishment/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=4456876&cid=6413&Rf-200=9&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=50&sort=1&clr=Pink&totalstyles=24&gridsize=3&un_jtt_v_frompage=0

to complicate the matter further, whilst browsing asos i found a clutch bag i lovvveee and now i really want it for the wedding. in my mind i am thinking a shell pink bodycon midi(ish) dress, the clutch and then maybe some pastel barely there sandals in lilac or mint green.

http://m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/asos/asos-oversized-mermaid-sequin-clutch-bag/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=4904649&clr=Multi&SearchQuery=mermaid&un_jtt_v_frompage=0&pge=1&pgesize=50&totalstyle=36

i ideally want to spend under £50 on dress and i prefer dresses below the knee and that nip in at the bottom as feel they flatter my figure more. i would go for a shorter dress if it was right altho i hate my legs. thanks thanks

Pantsalive Mon 18-May-15 14:17:50

This would look good with your clutch but may be a bit short and floaty.

CloserToFiftyThanTwenty Mon 18-May-15 14:18:48

Print

CloserToFiftyThanTwenty Mon 18-May-15 14:20:14

Pink and burgundy

CloserToFiftyThanTwenty Mon 18-May-15 14:20:51

Pink accents

CloserToFiftyThanTwenty Mon 18-May-15 14:21:29

Lacy top

Pantsalive Mon 18-May-15 14:24:42

Not maternity but has an elastic waistband.

sebsmummy1 Mon 18-May-15 14:25:01

Love the pink accents one. Really pretty.

gingerbreadmam Mon 18-May-15 14:27:12

thanks for the suggestions. closer i like the style of thoses dresses but the colours arent really me and i really want the clutch.

the newlook dress i saw and thought was nice i need another look at the clutch. i am very weird about colours matching. if theyre is some of that colour in the clutch tho that could work.

it sounds really silly but im very proud of my bump (pfb) and i really want it to be bump like not masked as if it could just be my weight with me already being bigger if that makes sense.

gingerbreadmam Mon 18-May-15 14:30:35

love the tesco one. question for others who have had children. i do already have a sizeable bump. next wedding isnt until 4th july.

i did contemplate sizing up in a stretchy dress but come 4th july would it still work or be too short due to bump? i dont know what kind of rate bump expands at grin

gingerbreadmam Tue 19-May-15 09:46:40

would this be too casual? i'm thinking pale pastel pink nails and lippy. may get hair put up or loose curl it?

lilac skater dress

barely there heels

mermaid clutch

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now