Diamond ring question

(3 Posts)
bunny85 Sat 16-May-15 23:48:25

Hi all, I hope it's the right place for a question like this. I had my engagement ring resized (taken more than 2 sizes down), it has a centre stone and also a pave and micropave small stones on each side, going about half way down each side of the ring. My question is, can a shine of those small diamonds be affected by resizing? I believe the gold has to be heated up for that (it's 18k gold). I got this idea stuck in my head that now after resizing they will shine less. Can it happen? Thanks in advance. X

itsnothingoriginal Sun 17-May-15 10:22:29

I had a diamond eternity ring sized down more than 2 sizes. Really didn't notice the difference in shine. It was hard to find a jeweller that would resize down more than one size as they said the diamonds might come out shock Has been fine though and was over 5 years ago now that I had it resized.

bunny85 Sun 17-May-15 11:46:42

Thank you itsnothingoriginal, it's true, they do come out! One of my tiny stones is loose now and I'm taking the ring to be fixed again! hmm Glad you were lucky though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now