Cath Kidston Kids stops at 7-8. Why?!

(14 Posts)
HexBramble Sat 16-May-15 09:53:42

DD is a tall, willow type figure 9 year old lucky thing and really likes the CK prints. The dresses stop at 7-8 though and there's nothing then until you reach adulthood. Gutted. There's a gap in the market here surely?

unsinkable Sat 16-May-15 10:19:36

yes-the nightwear continues to age 11-12 but a tall 6 year old would need a 7-8 in cath kidston. ditto white company. my tall DD1 was too tall for mini boden by the age of 10. It is annoying. I think it is simply a reflection of the fact that by and large, most other children of that age prefer to wear more fashionable and 'grown up' clothes.
I have bought ck fabric and made them dresses. ( the irony is that a lot of their womenswear is only fit for children!)

noddyholder Sat 16-May-15 10:21:58

There is a shop near me called bluebell and co which does that sort of stuff I always buy xmas presents there www.bluebelleandco.com/ really good quality

BikeRunSki Sat 16-May-15 10:28:08

Because it's babyish??

Having said that, I feel your pain (but not with regards CK) as the mother of a 6 yo dS in age 8-9 clothes in many places. Very different style to clothes made for 6 year olds.

unsinkable Sat 16-May-15 10:31:50

thanks noddy. I love their nightwear ( for me wink)

noddyholder Sat 16-May-15 10:39:50

SOme lovely things The house hold stuff is beautiful esp the bed throws and lamps

unsinkable Sat 16-May-15 10:50:12

yes...I now want that toile de jouey bedspread. And the cream coat stand. And....

BadgersArse Sat 16-May-15 11:26:00

Because no kid over that age would be seen dead in its shite?

noddyholder Sat 16-May-15 11:29:38

I have the tabitha nightdress and I LOVE it

Loonytoonie Sat 16-May-15 16:14:27

Badgers, apt user name you sound rough as
But OP's DD does want to wear it, bless her.

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Sat 16-May-15 19:19:44

My dd is 9 and would love a cath kidston dress. The skirts come up big so she has one from last year that still fits but she says the dresses are really pretty.

John Lewis sometimes do a dress tha is very ck like but usually only online.

AmeliaPeabody Sat 16-May-15 19:46:25

The prints probably are a bit babyish for over 9 years. But, on the other hand, they have similar prints E,g, the farm print skirt available in both the child and adult section. confused

MarniRose Sun 17-May-15 10:50:27

Hate CK with a passion but did buy my 8 year old DS some gorgeous soldier pyjamas from there. Apart from that - dislike. The kids stuff is quite sweet though

imip Sun 17-May-15 10:54:23

Cos children's wear stops around that size too - i find that very annoying!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now