Help, I think I need what might be a Mumcoat.....

(21 Posts)
SolemnStollen Thu 14-May-15 19:26:28

The time has come after a soaking today... Any suggestions please, before I buy a second pram rain cover just for me? I think I need a fairly fitted, showerproof, hooded (but no faux fur) number in any colour but taupe. Happy for my bottom to be on show (promise to wear trousers) but I am fairly long of body so hip covering would be nice! Budget £100ish.. Can you help me?! Thank you smile

katemyn Thu 14-May-15 19:54:21

I bought the boden rainy day Mac in charcoal. It comes in loads of colours each season and I love it!!

Everythingsgonewonky Thu 14-May-15 20:09:20

I've got the Harrington trench/mac from fatface in navy,currently on sale £40.rain resistant,hooded,no padding (enough of my own..) it's not creased up as the website pic shows it,don't know why they have done that.

Chillycamper Thu 14-May-15 20:36:05

I got mine from Joules. Lots of colours and a couple of different lengths.
Very mum coat but waterproof, nice fit and hood.

AwayAndRunUpMaHumf Thu 14-May-15 20:49:06

Target Dry do lovely, nice coloured, brightly lined, modern raincoats. Have a look on amazon. Mine was about £55.

SnozzberryPie Thu 14-May-15 20:54:36

I've got a target one which is great except the hood is too big and comes down over my eyes.

thecrimsonpetal Thu 14-May-15 20:56:34

I have this from North Face and I love it, it looks really nice for a proper waterproof coat with taped seams, it's never leaked. It's a good length too.

www.e-outdoor.co.uk/441612/products/the_north_face_stella_grace_womens_jacket.aspx

thecrimsonpetal Thu 14-May-15 21:00:34

Sorry just noticed it's all sold out on that link.... I would recommend North Face though so maybe worth a look at their stuff

SolemnStollen Thu 14-May-15 21:32:44

grin Thank you all! Lots to choose from there. I think I'll go for a North Face one for pram pushing days, I like the triclimate ones I saw with detachable warm layers. & then I can definitely justify a nice non waterproof one for evenings out in 18 years' time

Silverstreaks Thu 14-May-15 22:01:33

I bought the Merrell Wakefield (now called Ellenwood I think) after the warm, waterproof, bum covering mega thread a few years ago. It is a fantastic coat. Perfectly waterproof, shaped, knee length, not heavy and not overly warm which means you can wear a short sleeved t when it's warm or a jumper in the winter. Unfortunately I bought it in basic black but that is the only negative.

Abzs Thu 14-May-15 23:08:16

My buggy pushing coat is a North Face triclimate. I'd recommend them. There are many variations of the triclimate though, so check what you're getting in terms of coat length and cut, fleece/inner type, colours, bells and whistles and price.

Abzs Thu 14-May-15 23:10:54

Or, as comes up on the link above, Jack Wolfskin as an alternative to TNF.

yazzy85 Fri 15-May-15 10:45:22

I like Target Dry as well for a bright colour and North Face is also very good as is Merrel, Have a look an Amazon, they sometimes have very good deals.

QueenCardigan Fri 15-May-15 11:47:26

I'd definitely go for a proper technical one (North face/berghaus/trespass etc) as they will actually be rainproof as opposed to just shower proof. I've got a North face but have just upgraded to a barbour as it's just slightly more stylish (as stylish as a waterproof can be).

0utForAWalkBitch Fri 15-May-15 12:07:30

I got a sea salt coat which I can really recommend. The one I got is really light, so easy to bung in buggy basket, not too hot for spring days that are wet but not cold, but can be layered up on chillier days. It's got drawstring hood and is totally waterproof. I love it!

Oly4 Fri 15-May-15 14:35:45

Another recommendation for North Face
I think you can just about escape the mum trap with them

slalomsuki Fri 15-May-15 14:40:11

Have a look at Tog 24. They are like North Face but cheaper and have some wet weather coats in the sales at the moment.

itsveryyou Fri 15-May-15 14:44:40

How much are North Face in the UK? Currently in US and wondering whether it's worth bagging a bargain while I'm here...love this www.thenorthface.com/shop/womens-jackets-vests-rainwear/womens-celeste-jacket?variationId=W7A

Abzs Fri 15-May-15 15:24:50

Around £140 and upwards for a 3in1, I think full price. You probably could get a bargain in the US, if the exchange rate is in your favour.

Trooperslane Fri 15-May-15 15:28:58

I have a jack wolfskin one for winter and a Fred Perry for spring. Both with great hoods.

Both greyish, bit more expensive but fantastic. Both fitted and will last forever.

ValiaH Fri 15-May-15 15:32:36

I have the Northface one linked above, it's fab- properly waterproof and looks smart enough for everyday use without looking overly like a waterproof. Huge pockets too which are ideal for all the 'treasures' my daughter hands me when we're out and about!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now