STILL searching for the perfect tinted moisturiser to replace Benefit one

(31 Posts)
LesleyKnopeFan Thu 14-May-15 07:42:35

I LOVED my Benefit You Rebel Light. I started to react to it and it's been discontinued, I cannot find one that's as good.

I have tried:

Botanics BB Cream
Soap and Glory
Body Shop CC cream
No 7 tinted moisturiser

I'm pale with freckles and fairly good skin so I need a VERY light one, super moisturising with little coverage.

Any suggestions? I'm going to try Laura Mercier and MAC in the shops before I buy.

southeastastra Thu 14-May-15 08:01:29

i use nars, it's got quite a good coverage though may be more than you want. love it though.

MrsSchadenfreude Thu 14-May-15 08:04:38

Try Nuxe (from M & S) or maybe La Roche Posay BB cream?

VarsityQueen Thu 14-May-15 08:16:47

Maybe try Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue

Tizwailor Thu 14-May-15 08:22:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tizwailor Thu 14-May-15 08:23:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MilkThistle187 Thu 14-May-15 09:45:47

The Autograph illuminating tinted moisturiser from M&S is good

mollyonthemove Thu 14-May-15 09:48:58

Since 1997, I have used the Nivea one. it is cheap and cheerful but absolutely brilliant (I'm 50 now and have really fab skin!)

diggerdigsdogs Thu 14-May-15 09:57:14

Stilla CC cream is my hg product. I found Nars TM sat on my skin. Laura Mercier colour wasn't right on me. New MAC cc similar to the Nars one.

I do use a moisturiser as well though underneath.

BumbleNova Thu 14-May-15 09:57:36

laura mercier. its just amazing stuff. I am very pasty so I wear the porcelain shade. its very sheer but evens out the tone. It makes me look like I eat well and get 8 hours sleep!

hiccoughybump Thu 14-May-15 09:59:59

Smashbox bb cream all the way!

LesleyKnopeFan Thu 14-May-15 13:48:15

Wow, lots of suggestions, thanks!

I've tried a few of the above but what I find is that they are too thick with too much coverage, I literally need a moisturised with a hint of colour that illuminates.

I miss my benefit one sigh, anybody previously used this and found a suitable alternative?

goodasitgets Thu 14-May-15 14:29:57

Missha BB perfect cover (shade #13 is lightest)
Or if you can find it almay nearly naked makeup in ivory. It's lovely, meant to be a foundation but I slap it on with no mirror grin

goodasitgets Thu 14-May-15 14:31:58

Here's the almay one. If I want extra highlight I mix it with a bit of lush feeling younger cream
www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00CPJLQZ2/ref=pd_aw_sim_d_2?refRID=052GXHRW4WNM6B7ZFJ12

MooMinCow Thu 14-May-15 14:59:21

I make my own TM by just diluting a slightly too dark foundation with my day moisturiser. If I want more glow a bit of liquid highlighter, more coverage, up the foundation ratio. A quick mix on back of the hand and I'm done. (Is also using up the said too dark foundation which would otherwise sit unused, making me feel guilty grin)

noddyholder Thu 14-May-15 15:24:16

I have the Bare minerals complexion rescue its fantastic

aprilwintour Thu 14-May-15 15:26:03

I love the M&S illuminating tinted moisturiser, might needs to search for Autograph tinted moisturiser online though.

RecoveringPerfectionist Thu 14-May-15 20:25:10

The new Bare Minerals gel one is fab. I have pale skin which is v sensitive. I also hate anything heavy on my face. I'm really pleased with it.

FrugalFashionista Thu 14-May-15 20:41:16

If you are pale, Asian creams could be an answer. Dr Jart green tube is super sheer. Try other alternatives first but this is worth remembering if you can't find a match.

ChrisQuean Thu 14-May-15 21:03:17

I use Laura Mercier. Love it. I use Nude, so second palest shade. It's so easy to apply and matches perfectly with my skin tone

nailslikeknives Thu 14-May-15 21:06:36

Dermalogica is lovely and very good for sensitive skin.

Judydreamsofhorses Thu 14-May-15 22:11:43

Have you tried Chanel Les Beiges? It's really light and glowy, and the Chanel sales assistants are very good at samples so you can try it on your skin before shelling out.

florencedombey Thu 14-May-15 23:28:05

OP, You Rebel Lite is still showing as available on the Benefit website....

Onynx Fri 15-May-15 00:31:04

Op have you tried the Decleor bb cream? Highly moisturising ( I have be dry/dehydrated skin) & this works great for me as a moisturiser too. Most counters will give you a sample before you purchase.

LesleyKnopeFan Fri 15-May-15 08:00:46

They must have brought it back in but, unfortunately, my skin reacts to something in all benefit products, which is such a shame, because I love their makeup and most of my makeup is from there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now