29 years old and having problems finding clothes I like, especially for work.

(3 Posts)
KindergartenKop Tue 12-May-15 19:18:30

I'm 5 foot 8 and a size 18, im trying to lose weight and get back to a 14. Since having ds1 and 2 (3yrs and 5mths) I've found it hard to find clothes that suit me and are fit for purpose. I used to wear pretty tea dresses and nice skirts but as they were always on the short side they are indecent when chasing a toddler! For work (teaching teenagers) I like to wear skirts but I have to be careful about their length and I find smart trousers tricky as the tailored styles font quite fit me right, however I feel I need to dress more smartly.
Today I went shopping for work clothes for my return after mat leave. H and m and new look clothes all look too cheap and a bit young for me. M and S stuff is all too short in the leg and body. The only shop I saw things I liked in was monsoon but it seems a bit middle aged and is really expensive!
Is there a middle ground both age and price wise between h and m and monsoon?
Please help! Thanks!

tethersend Tue 12-May-15 21:43:55

How about asos?

Stripy dress

green dress

floral dress

AppleAndBlackberry Tue 12-May-15 21:59:26

I'm close to your age and I get a lot of stuff from Next at the moment, although mainly casual as I don't have to dress smartly for work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now