Tattoo-WWYD

(5 Posts)
cuntyMcCunterson Sun 10-May-15 23:23:40

I have 3tattoos at the moment and want another one or three casually mentioned it to DH who's first words were "no fucking way"
DH has no tattoos and the ones I currently have are only visible if I choose to show them or I'm in underwear/bikini. He was politely told to fuck off that he's not my dad and I'll do as I wish BUT after speaking with a friend (who thinks DH opinions matter and should be adhered to ) I'm now I'm thinking I should maybe take his feelings into consideration? Or should I just get at least one of the tattoos I want?
FWIW the additional tattoos will also be positioned so theyre only visble if I wish and will be faitly delicate.

BlueEyedWonder Sun 10-May-15 23:38:57

I have 2 tattoos. One on the inside of my wrist. One on my hip bone. I'm contemplating a foot tattoo. Mine are also delicate.
I won't be asking my DH for permission for the foot tattoo and your intial response would be the same as yours if he objected. It is your body and you have the right to adorn it how you wish.
For the sake of marital harmony, have you discussed why he feels so strongly?

cuntyMcCunterson Sun 10-May-15 23:52:07

He doesn't know why he feels so strongly against any more, but just thinks I have enough and too many aren't feminine!

Googlers123 Mon 11-May-15 12:55:32

Tricky. I don't think this is any different to wearing clothes that your DH doesn't like, or having your hair how he doesn't like. And vice versa if he was to wear something you didn't like. I don't think that anyone should have to ask their partners permission to wear what they want (or have a tattoo) but I do think it's part of a relationship to consider the other one's feelings and make decisions whilst bearing those feelings in mind.

YDdraigGoch Mon 11-May-15 13:02:01

What googlers said.

I wouldn't do anything/wear anything etc that my DH doesn't like, and vice versa goes for him too. We respect each other's opinions, and usually manage to find some middle ground without too much of an argument.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now