How to reinvent my style

(3 Posts)
PretzelPrincess Thu 07-May-15 20:52:40

I'm in desperate need of a make over 😩 I've had DS2 3 weeks ago and there's only 13 months between him and DS1. I have spent the past 2 years being pregnant and breastfeeding and I'm at a total loss with my wardrobe.
Because I was pregnant I didn't invest in clothes that weren't absolutely necessary. I now have a collection of crap in my wardrobe that doesn't for properly and doesn't go together. Also non of it seems very 'me' but I don't know what 'me' is anymore!
I want to start rebuilding my wardrobe but I don't know where to start. I need everything-underwear, shoes, coat, casual, fancy...list is endless.
I don't have very much weight to lose so would like to start getting a few things to boost my confidence.
But seriously where do I start??

Buttwing Thu 07-May-15 22:02:50

Hi pretzel I have 4 dcs 3 of which are under 5 and dc3 and 4 are 13 months apart like yours. The youngest two are 20 months and 7 months so I totally understand where you are coming from!
The kind of things I'm wearing aren't perhaps the most exciting but I do get quite a lot of compliments. I have lots of quite casual stuff but that's because it's what works for me. I love skinny jeans, fine knits, vests layered over each other. Also I've got a vintage looking biker jacket from topshop I wear loads also a sweatshirt fabric (can't think of a better description!) blazer.
Shoe wise I need comfort converse, nb trainers, ash boots, two strap birkinstocks get worn a lot. I hate baby bags so use a big leather handbag for all their stuff. I like scarves too just got a nice great one with stars.
I get a lot from hush,topshop and h and m is great. I suppose I'm quite "mummy" in what I wear but it works for me I buy lots of neutrals so I can chuck anything together in the 10 mins I have to get ready in the morning grin

Buttwing Thu 07-May-15 22:03:09

Hi pretzel I have 4 dcs 3 of which are under 5 and dc3 and 4 are 13 months apart like yours. The youngest two are 20 months and 7 months so I totally understand where you are coming from!
The kind of things I'm wearing aren't perhaps the most exciting but I do get quite a lot of compliments. I have lots of quite casual stuff but that's because it's what works for me. I love skinny jeans, fine knits, vests layered over each other. Also I've got a vintage looking biker jacket from topshop I wear loads also a sweatshirt fabric (can't think of a better description!) blazer.
Shoe wise I need comfort converse, nb trainers, ash boots, two strap birkinstocks get worn a lot. I hate baby bags so use a big leather handbag for all their stuff. I like scarves too just got a nice great one with stars.
I get a lot from hush,topshop and h and m is great. I suppose I'm quite "mummy" in what I wear but it works for me I buy lots of neutrals so I can chuck anything together in the 10 mins I have to get ready in the morning grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now