Dress for wedding at 4&5 months pregnant

(10 Posts)
Lou573 Thu 07-May-15 20:07:49

Hi ladies, just wondering if anyone has any suggestions of a dress/shops as I'm coming up empty handed. 2 weddings looming, a month apart and would like to make an effort as we'll be on top table at each. Can get away with same dress for both (bump growth permitting) as completely different guest lists. I have no idea what I will be able to get away with at 5 months but was thinking of a floaty empire line maxi dress so I can also wear pretty flats. Was hoping I don't have to limit my choice to maternity wear if I go for empire line? Obviously need to avoid looking like a bridesmaid though, and will definitely need straps to cover up a sturdy bra. Curvy size 12, 5'3". Ideally under £250, less if maternity as won't get much wear out of it. Any suggestions gratefully received!

LettuceLaughton Thu 07-May-15 20:14:00

Have you looked at Tiffany Rose, they have some lovely stuff.

LettuceLaughton Thu 07-May-15 20:21:16

this is very pretty and would dress down to see you through the summer.

Lou573 Thu 07-May-15 20:24:29

Thank you! Just had a look and that was my favourite. Right, that's started the shortlist at least!

Glitterspy Thu 07-May-15 20:30:57

Marking place with interest - got a couple of black tie do's and a wedding so will lurk for ideas!

Lou573 Thu 07-May-15 20:35:22

Oh - also will be needing a new pair of pretty flat sandals or possibly wedges suitable for a wedding if anyone's seen any recently. Not great with heels at the best of times, let alone with an extra passenger on board! Thank you

Glitterspy Thu 07-May-15 20:39:01

Not sure whether they're weddingy or not (depends on what you'd wear with) but I've had my eye on these for quite some time - I need coral heeled, shiny toed, sailor-striped, tasselled sandals in my life!

LettuceLaughton Thu 07-May-15 20:44:56

something like these would be nice with he floral dress

Pantsalive Thu 07-May-15 21:10:05

From similar threads, I think I remember that you quite often get Tiffany Rose at good prices on eBay and probably only worn once. Could presumably even sell it in again once you'd finished with it.

Itscurtainsforyou Thu 07-May-15 21:10:58

Isabella Oliver does some nice stuff

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now