Anyone been to a wedding in a forest? What did you wear on your feet?

(3 Posts)
Suddengeekgirl Thu 07-May-15 14:25:04

We are going to a wedding in a forest at the end of the month. I have a couple of dresses I can wear (cobalt blue tulip skirt or navy and pink v neck). Anyhow I have no idea what to wear on my feet! The pink barbie heels I wore to SIL's wedding will be useless. I have some tan wedges and could do with a new pair of smart flats.

Any ideas or suggestions? I'll have 2 dcs who will probably want to be half way up a tree/ in a bush so need to be fairly practical, but invite also says usual wedding attire. confused

everyvotecounts Thu 07-May-15 15:25:07

I'd contact the B&G to clarify, I've seen weddings done like this and they are lovely but generally there is an allowance for people to wear wellies or something similar. Or some sort of formal knee length boot? often there is a lot of waiting at weddings for the guests.

i'd definitely think a lot about warmth, practicality - i hope the sun shines on the day, but given how temperamental the weather is you'll be miserable if you're cold and wet.

Suddengeekgirl Thu 07-May-15 16:08:51

We always have wellies in the boot of the car so will be covered if it's really wet.

Dd will look great in her wedding frock and spiderman wellies! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now