Where on-line to buy long/tall/large posh (good quality) tights for formal functions?

(8 Posts)
Steadycampaign Wed 06-May-15 08:02:52

I am tall with size 16 lower half, with disproportionately long legs in relation to trunk!

Have several formal functions coming up (weddings, confirmations, presentations etc) and need some very long, fairly large good quality tights (nude or similar). Some need to be almost toeless; for wearing with peep-toe shoes for summer weddings.

Does anyone know which on-line shop is best pls? (Must deliver to mainland Europe.) Don't mind paying a bit extra for these special occasions as tights will be worn for long hrs at a stretch and need to be reliable. Fed up of cheapo versions that ladder in first five mins. Also fed up of tights that are not sufficiently long and only reach half way up my thigh!

Thank you in advance for any suggestions ... .

Redhead11 Wed 06-May-15 08:04:09

Try Simply Be. They have a variety of tights and sizes online

weaselwords Wed 06-May-15 08:11:34

Evans, but I've only bought black opaque ones from them so don't know if they've got what you are after. I'm nearly 6ft and their tights reach my crotch. A rare thing.

Steadycampaign Wed 06-May-15 08:17:26

Thank you everyone

Have gone right through the delivery details on Simply Be website, and it doesn't look as if they deliver to mainland Europe sadly.

Evans do however so will have a look.

Just to add, although I am rather large of tum, I have quite slim hips, so it is the length of the tights that is more important than the width ifsywim

XmasMN9502 Wed 06-May-15 08:28:44

Evans tights have been brilliant on my very long legs. I am not sure the quality is unusually high, but the fact that they fit properly makes all the difference to their longevity, as there is less strain on them. I speak as someone who spent yesterday going to the loo every five minutes to haul an emergency Tesco pair desperately up again.

Steadycampaign Wed 06-May-15 08:49:26

Thank you Xmas will definitely check them out in that case!

Not normally a Telegraph reader but found an interesting article here

Info about opaque July tights particular helpful

Steadycampaign Wed 06-May-15 08:50:12

btw I'm v familiar with those 'hauling up' loo visits

Steadycampaign Wed 06-May-15 09:12:30

Answering my own question again but Falke website looks good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now