Leather Jackets - how many do you have?

(31 Posts)
AmelieinOz Wed 06-May-15 01:12:22

I know we only need one (am I right?) but how many do you have?

Or is there such a thing as too many? smile

Effendi Wed 06-May-15 09:47:35

I have 4 leather and 2 suede. I'm a sucker for leather.

lurkingaround Wed 06-May-15 09:51:21

I opened this thread and thought HOw Many??? Who has more than 1? And then I thought. Oops blush I have 1 suede and 1 leather.

Judydreamsofhorses Wed 06-May-15 10:07:54

Three. Grey biker, black biker, and navy 70s style, more like a blazer.

Dancergirl Wed 06-May-15 10:13:55

I have two. A brown leather Mint Velvet biker jacket which I bought in new condition from Ebay for £50 smile

And a v light brown/beige suede biker from Hobbs sale which I haven't worn yet!

hellsbellsmelons Wed 06-May-15 11:19:50

Used to have 3 - you need 3 colours - brown, tan and black.
Some fucker stole my black one when I was out a while ago.
So now I only have 2 sad

noddyholder Wed 06-May-15 11:21:09

None now

KoalaDownUnder Wed 06-May-15 11:29:39

I have two - a dark brown with unusual lining, and a beige.

I only ever wear the beige because the other one's too big, but can't bring myself to get rid of it.

AmelieinOz Wed 06-May-15 11:36:55

Ok, this thread makes me feel better about having more than one! smile

Re: tan biker - I actually want one, but afraid it will clash with my colouring. I'm a winter (cool-toned).

Superexcited Wed 06-May-15 11:39:30

I have 4, all different styles.

lastlines Wed 06-May-15 11:41:40

One gorgeous soft black leather blazer
One caramel suede
One bike jacket loaned to niece that I regret as I'll never see it again

ChinUpChestOut Wed 06-May-15 12:36:47

Shit. I'm worse than all of you.

I have 5. Tan leather biker, pink leather, teal blue leather, chocolate brown leather (all collarless) and a (big mistake) white leather blazer.

Pink leather is now too small for me (can't do it up), the chocolate leather is just beautiful but was sooooooo expensive, the teal one has faded down one sleeve and the white leather one gets dirty after one wear and I'm seriously considering sending it to the Handbag Clinic and dyeing it navy blue. The tan biker jacket I wear loads.

MsMcWoodle Wed 06-May-15 13:20:53

2 black, 1 brown, plus one brown suede.
Plus a black leather coat and a brown suede coat.
Plus I've just ordered a blue jacket.
Naughty bad.

WipsGlitter Wed 06-May-15 13:23:18

None. I hate them.

coffeetasteslikeshit Wed 06-May-15 13:28:03

none

Clarabumps Wed 06-May-15 13:29:44

I have three, a sheepskin, a casual leather and a cafe racer. DH has 9! They're all vintage 1920's-1970's and apparently are an investment. So he says.

mowglik Wed 06-May-15 13:33:20

I have 4 one mint velvet one with furry white bits on the front, 2 black drapey ones and 1 more shiny black one with zips

I wear them most of the year except in deep winter or high summer

Greengardenpixie Wed 06-May-15 18:35:27

none

ZaraW Wed 06-May-15 19:01:07

I don't have any either much prefer wool or cotton.

Judydreamsofhorses Wed 06-May-15 19:18:04

Oh, god, I didn't think of suede. I also have a chocolate brown 70s suede coat, hip-length, which is a Berketex and I discovered abandoned on a rack in a Littlewoods which was closing down - I paid £10! - plus a calf length vintage tan suede coat with huge faux fur collar. I love both of these. So, I am at five. Whoops.

mooth Wed 06-May-15 20:09:49

In current wear - three, (Karen Millen, Mint Velvet black, Mint Velvet grey, brand new). Old ones - loads.

Smarterthantheaveragebeaver Wed 06-May-15 20:27:53

blush

3 casual jackets, 1 3/4 lengh coat (first ever christmas present from DH), 1 mac, and one fab 3/4 length shearling coat. Oh, and one for riding my motorbike in

And full set of bike leathers.

Plus 2 leather skirts, a suede skirt, a leather peplum vest top, a leather t shirt, a leather minidress and a leather waistcoat.

I also have 4 pairs of leather trousers none of which currently fit 3 casual, one for biking.

All in their own special wardrobe.

Two - but I could easily use a few more! I want a black one but am yet to find one that a) I can afford and b) doesn't make me look like a sad, ageing goth.

dublingirl653 Wed 06-May-15 20:44:14

four

one black three brown

bought two of them in Argentina
love them
how much is too much to spend on a leather jacket??hmmmmm

TulipOHare Wed 06-May-15 20:51:06

Two

One short, dark brown, vaguely military-looking, unknown brand as bought on Ebay but is sooooo gorgeous and soft and hangs so well that I like to think it would've been expensive new grin Sadly is a bit small so can only wear it open, but looks great like that so OK.

One thigh-length belted black biker from All Saints.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now