Grey hairs are driving me mad

(8 Posts)
cuntyMcCunterson Sun 03-May-15 21:12:47

I'm 32, have dark brown hair but the grey is taking over.
My hair grows fairly quickly and that, along with colour fade (semi permanent) means I have pretty bad roots after about 3weeks.
My hairdresser insists on dying it drown with red undertones. My hair is quite a neutral brown rather than red so I'm not loving the redness.
Would going lighter help? I have blue/green eyes, and I'm quite fair skinned but do tan. My hair was coloured 23 days ago and it's in desperate need of attention already.

cuntyMcCunterson Sun 03-May-15 21:14:48

Pics to give an idea

birkiekid Sun 03-May-15 21:18:35

I had the same predicament. My hair is dark brown and the greys were really starting to show. I had been using a semi permanent colour but the greys in my parting were showing within a couple of weeks.

I was at the hairdresser yesterday and they advised permanent colour on the roots and through the sides but semi on the back and through the length.

I went with the suggestion and am interested to see how it works out.

This way I still get the warmer colour and shine through my hair without the damage of an all over permanent.

Greenstone Sun 03-May-15 21:20:15

I've booked an appointment next week to go lighter for just this reason. My greys are at my temples as opposed to parting line but same story. I know lighter will not suit my colouring as well but the maintenance of dark brown is too much. And I'm just not up for embracing the grey yet ( am around your age OP).

Kennington Sun 03-May-15 21:27:16

I use a lighter brown permanent dye once a month myself and also do highlights from time to time
Charles worthington does a brown hair spray that I use in between which is great for roots

birkiekid Sun 03-May-15 21:34:17

I was thinking of trying the root spray Kennington but am wondering is it similar to dry shampoo as I've had a bad reaction to two different brands of that.

Hangingonathread333 Sun 03-May-15 21:37:47

I'm 33 and mine is a lot worse sad, I colour mine quite a lot but within days it is back.

cuntyMcCunterson Sun 03-May-15 22:06:44

I have a permanent dye in a better colour match to my natural colour so might give that a whirl and see if it lasts longer., failing that I might end up a blonde
My mum was pretty grey at my age so I'm blaming her and DH for my grey.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now