Nails!

(9 Posts)
tsonlyme Sat 02-May-15 10:54:44

A few weeks ago I took dd to get her nails done as a reward for something, decided when we got there that I deserved a reward too just for being me so for the first time in 45 yrs I had some acrylics put on.

Two weeks later I went back & had them taken off grin. Now my nails are extremely brittle & thin, presumably because of the filing with the whizzy metal bit.

Is there anything I can do to make them stronger or do I have to wait until they grow out? My toes take six months to grow out completely!

Gem124 Sat 02-May-15 21:28:54

Vaseline! Rub some in every night but they won't be the same till they're fully grown out :-)

Skinheadmermaid Sat 02-May-15 23:56:50

Almond oil is also good.

TheMagicToyshop Sat 02-May-15 23:59:08

Burts bees does a delicious smelling lemon cuticle balm that really improves the condition of dry flaky nails.

Just get some proper nail oil/balm, rub it in as often as you can, including every night before bed, and after showers. Use washing-up gloves to do the dishes & other cleaning tasks. Keep your nails short & smoothly filed - they will be weak, you could easily break one.

MoustacheofRonSwanson Sun 03-May-15 04:10:44

CND Rescuer Rx will condition and strengthen what you have left.

Shop Sun 03-May-15 07:20:24

Oil as often as you can. Nailtiques do a treatment called 'after artificial' which gets great reviews although I've not tried it personally.

If you get them again I'd avoid anywhere which uses whizzy metal things - that's never going to be good for nails smile

Allie82 Sun 03-May-15 08:51:53

Cnd solar oil. Morning and night. It's fab

cuntyMcCunterson Sun 03-May-15 10:26:34

I used rimmel nail rescue when my nails were ruined after acrylics. Really helped strengthen them while they grew out and still use it now when I have some time off from my gel polish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now