Has anyone tried a personal styling service?

(3 Posts)
Asterisk Fri 01-May-15 21:41:20

I'm considering booking on at JL or Debenhams... I have lost confidence in my ability to choose nice clothes and have an occasion coming up for which I need to look smart. Are these services any good or just an opportunity for them to persuade you to buy stuff?

RecoveringPerfectionist Fri 01-May-15 22:03:42

For my 40th I went shopping with a Colour Me Beautiful stylist. It was brilliant. Obviously there's an hourly rate but I she took me into stores I'd never been in before. She also made sure that if I bought sth I also bought sth to go with it, if I didn't already have sth at home. She came to my house beforehand and went through my wardrobe with me. I'd do it again and I reckon it saves you money in the long run. She has a client who only ever buys clothes when she takes her along. So they go twice a year for seasonal updates. She buys nothing in between. Doesn't even bother going shopping. And she's not loaded. They go to low to medium end high street stores.

LikeASoulWithoutAMind Fri 01-May-15 22:27:52

John Lewis personal shoppers are brilliant. No pressure to buy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now