Are regular facial worth it

(6 Posts)
bookbag40 Fri 01-May-15 17:42:46

I'm considering trying to go for a monthly facial to try and hold back the signs of ageing. However they are quite expensive ranging from £50 - £75. Do you think they are worth it or with all the good products on offer now should I just invest that money in some good quality products?

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Fri 01-May-15 20:52:48

I think it's worth it. I think the massage action is something you just can't do yourself, as well as I don't think I'd make time for the steaming, etc. I vote for Dermalogica.

mowglik Sat 02-May-15 00:40:10

I think it's worth it for a pamper and as a relaxation thing but once a month probably isn't frequent enough to see a really dramatic lasting effect (imo).. If you spent 3 months worth money on products you could create a really effective daily routine that will probably improve your skin loads - have a look at the Caroline Hirons or amazing face thread for ideas

mowglik Sat 02-May-15 00:42:13

But if you do want facials that sound expensive to me, maybe look around for cheaper? my local pharmacy clarins counter does a 1hr20min facial for £32 so you could still do those and spend the other half of your budget on products to use the rest of the time

PeppermintInfusion Sat 02-May-15 11:49:31

I love a facial, but wouldn't get one every month unless I was trying to clear my skin/something big coming up. With the likes of dermalogica facials, you can buy the products yourself and find out the steps to follow online and replicate it yourself between visits

LtheWife Sat 02-May-15 12:09:03

Maybe look at your local college? I've two near me that have level 3 students on day time and evening courses doing luxury facials for £8.50. That should leave a fair amount left to invest in great skincare for daily use at home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now