Shortening maxi dresses

(6 Posts)
Behooven Wed 29-Apr-15 16:10:56

I've bought a few midi dresses from Warehouse for the holidays, I feel more comfortable in them than short dresses and the length suits me better since I'm somewhat of a shortarse.
Anyway, last years straight maxis are nice enough but I wondered if I could get them chopped to midi length and how much it would cost?

princessvikki Thu 30-Apr-15 14:18:53

Do it yourself! It's Super easy even if you don't see. Put your dress on pin it all th way round to the length you want and cut it about an inch longer. If you can get to a sewing machine fold the material under and see in to a hem. If you don't sew do the same but use hemming web, most supermarkets sell it.

Behooven Thu 30-Apr-15 17:03:42

Do it myself! shock shock I've got 10 big toes where my nimble lady fingers should be grin

princessvikki Fri 01-May-15 11:31:29

Haha it really is easier than you think

hugoagogo Fri 01-May-15 13:59:53

If someone near you doesd alterations, then I expect it would be between £5 and £10. If your dresses are expensive it might be worth it, but I would have a go myself on a cheapy one first.

Behooven Fri 01-May-15 14:30:23

Think I will have a go! You have both inspired me smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now