Comfy summery tunics to wear with leggings, and what shoes?

(22 Posts)
SargeantAngua Mon 27-Apr-15 21:14:58

Thanks to some really good advice on here I've worn tunics and leggings for most of the last few months - the people who suggested the combination as easy and comfortable, but tidy too, for an ill person who sits around a lot were so right and I'm very grateful.

So...it's getting warmer now and I wondered if anyone could advise me where online might have nice soft short or 3/4 sleeved tunics for warmer weather please? I can't go round the shops unfortunately and haven't so far seen anything suitable (I got my winter ones from Asda, Tesco, M&S) so wondered if anyone had any suggestions please.

I'm (non-make up wearing and apparently young looking) 31, 5'3 and size 8, if that helps.

Also...what shoes do you wear with leggings in summer? I wear cheap black converse-type boots at the moment but they're not going to really work in summer really, and my normal trainers don't look quite right really... No sandals. Something light though.

Thank you!

Tizwailor Mon 27-Apr-15 21:48:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SargeantAngua Mon 27-Apr-15 22:28:52

Plimsoles would be perfect, thanks! This is all very new for someone who didn't care or really think about clothes and lived in jeans and sports tops and trainers all year round - that doesn't work now. I want to be comfortable, and to make a bit of an effort to look tidy when friends come over or I go to appointments etc. Makes me feel better about myself too.

frankietwospots Mon 27-Apr-15 22:33:27

How about Victoria plimsolls which come in a variety of colours:

www.victoria-plimsolls.co.uk/women/slip-on-plimsolls/

I noticed Uniqlo have some nice tunics like this:

www.uniqlo.com/uk/store/goods/147876

SargeantAngua Tue 28-Apr-15 09:11:00

Thanks Frankie. I'm not sure the Uniqlo tunic would suit me, but thanks for the suggestion. I like the plimsolls idea a lot though.

birkiekid Tue 28-Apr-15 12:10:04

White Stuff always have nice summery tunics.

nottheOP Tue 28-Apr-15 12:15:05

www.next.co.uk/shop/gender-women-productaffiliation-tops/category-tunics#2_500

kiwidreamer Tue 28-Apr-15 12:32:33

I got this one last week from Wallis, I'm a 14/16 cross over and the Medium looks really nice, nicer than in the photo... I was wearing it with cuffed jeans not sure I'd wear it with white myself!! To be honest but a Small might even be too big for you, maybe there will be other inspiration on their website...

www.wallis.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?searchTerm=tunic&storeId=12557&productId=19405471&urlRequestType=Base&categoryId=&langId=-1&productIdentifier=product&catalogId=33058#BVRRWidgetID

kiwidreamer Tue 28-Apr-15 12:33:49

This one comes in XS...

www.wallis.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?searchTerm=tunic&storeId=12557&productId=18435559&urlRequestType=Base&categoryId=&langId=-1&productIdentifier=product&catalogId=33058

burnishedsilver Tue 28-Apr-15 12:50:47

Try fat face and white stuff for tunics.

SargeantAngua Tue 28-Apr-15 15:02:45

Some great ideas, thank you! flowers

Tizwailor Tue 28-Apr-15 15:04:49

Alwaysrushingaround Tue 28-Apr-15 22:16:34

eBay could be your friend!
Just type in what you're looking for and you will have lots of options to choose from x

SargeantAngua Tue 28-Apr-15 22:31:18

New look plimsoles will provably be hard wearing enough for me Tizwailor, thanks smile

I hadn't thought of eBay Always - thanks!

SargeantAngua Thu 30-Apr-15 16:32:58

I combined a couple of suggestions and have just ordered this white stuff tunic from ebay smile
m.ebay.co.uk/itm/131300599466?nav=SEARCH&varId=430595748579

If the weather stays like this I won't need too many more summery tunics for a while!

2fedup Thu 30-Apr-15 20:42:06

Tizwailor Thu 30-Apr-15 21:49:43

SargeantAngua Fri 01-May-15 22:41:05

Thanks 2fedup those sea salt ones look lovely.

Thanks Tizwailor. I hope it looks as nice on as it does in the picture. I've looked through hundreds on there now, but most of them are too long for leggings, too short for leggings, too fussy, too low-necked (I don't like low necks, and I'm after tips for days when it would be too warm to want a vest top underneath) or just plain weird! I found a nice one on Amazon from People Tree too though: www.amazon.co.uk/Peopletree-Womens-Balloon-Floral-Sleeveless/dp/B00GQQ9P7G/ref=pd_rhf_pe_p_img_1

There are some good clothes out there at good prices, but it takes quite a bit of time to find them. I wouldn't have thought of ebay or amazon for clothes!

Tizwailor Fri 01-May-15 22:50:34

SargeantAngua Sat 02-May-15 12:31:51

Thanks Tizwailor I'm glad people tree clothes are good. It's hard buying things online. The satin camisole is a good idea too.

The eBay white stuff tunic has come. It's size 8, so it should fit, but is pretty baggy. I'm keeping it, because it's soft and comfortable and will be nice on warm days (it's nice today, with a vest under it), but how badly baggy does it look? I'm not a good judge of these things! Does it really swamp me or just look like it's meant to be loose? I'm wondering if that's why there were so many of this style on ebay.

TwiceAsNiceAsIceAndaSlice Sat 02-May-15 12:37:14

White Stuff does tend to come up big. It looks lovely on you though.

SargeantAngua Sat 02-May-15 13:00:05

Thanks Twice smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now