Fab title!

grin

MontserratCaballe Sun 12-Apr-15 10:01:35

Thanks, Rudy. Love it!

Rosebag Sun 12-Apr-15 11:17:31

Great title!
I am wasting time at a cafe in the village, trying to avoid driving home
Am also trying to avoid their legendary French toast and maple syrup
The weather is so beautiful and I'm loving the peace and quiet. DH is dealing with all the dross at home...I did just text him to thank him....and it occurred to me...no one ever thanks me. Ever.

I also have to get back on track with SW diet having been a little lenient with myself over the festival. And then there's DCs exams to face...starting in two weeks with DSs AS levels. I also think it's particularly mean that DDs year 10 mocks are the week after the Whitsun half term. angry

Ok...I really must make a move. Have a beautiful Sunday Crepeys. smile

hattymattie Sun 12-Apr-15 11:20:05

Well done Rudy and great title.

Here it is a beautiful day but outrageously hayfevery. Am going going to have to make a mad dash for nasal spray tomorrow morning.

bigTillyMint Sun 12-Apr-15 11:23:29

Woo hoo Rudy!

It is sunny but breezy here. Last day of the holssad

MollyAir Sun 12-Apr-15 11:38:59

Oh, great title, Rudy. Hatty, I am newly affected by hay fever and it's dreadful.

This term is indeed horrible - the wretched exam season. sad

herbaceous Sun 12-Apr-15 11:42:32

Egads. In desperate need of a good night's sleep last night, so naturally DS chose to commune with Brian the bucket. Or rather fail to commune with the bucket, and instead commune with the carpet. Many times. And then slept in our bed, wriggling. Naturally, I got about three hours' sleep.

And now he's perky as anything, while we're dragging ourselves along.

Pottering day today: gardening, scooping up cat poo, writing lesson plans...

Blackduck Sun 12-Apr-15 11:45:31

Thanks Rudy - back to work tomorrow - dreading it, it's not a great place to be at the moment - soul destroying. So I need to think of strategies to deal -like do what I need to do and then firmly draw a line at the end of the day.

Ds back to school Tuesday - last term of Y7 - ahhhhhhh how did that happen?!

Breezy here too.

Happy Sunday all.

beachyhead Sun 12-Apr-15 11:49:12

well done Rudy....dh and I have retired back to bed with stomach related lurgy! Could be some palpable weight loss occurring today....

addle Sun 12-Apr-15 11:59:57

Great title, thanks.

Have shredded and washed up but also accidentally eaten lots of brownies. now feeling nauseous and contemplating shower. DH and DS out having kickabout which is always wonderful because they are happy and the house is empty.

Have a good Sunday everyone before normal service resumes...

motherinferior Sun 12-Apr-15 12:08:39

Mine don't go back till THURSDAY (building work at school) which is a distinctly Mixed Blessing given I am supposed to be working.

Put more words on the page but this chunk is difficult which always convinces me I will grind to a halt. It's quite odd having already written this as a short story, plus other stories that interleave themselves - there is backstory to fill in, and meaningful touches in characters that will be picked up later. Suspect next chunk may read too much like a history lesson. Also that whole thing is pants, of course.

Am surrounded by non-winter clothes I have finally unearthed from hibernation...

bigTillyMint Sun 12-Apr-15 12:40:56

DS will be home alone tomorrow - DD is none too happy to be in tomorrow, despite having been in every day of the hols, as it is an INSET day but some Y11's have been "invited" to come in for extra work!

Addle, DH and DS are at DS's match, so peace here too apart from DD's music blasting! I have done some extreme pruning in the garden and DD and I are off for a pedi later.

Barbarella Sun 12-Apr-15 12:45:22

Rudy, why are you dreading this start of term?

We are all back tomorrow - urgh. But had lovely romantic evening with Dh yesterday and we both apologised so that was very good indeed. We watched a middle aged rom com with Emma Thompson, Pierce Brosnan, Celia Imrie and Timothy Spall, it made us laugh.

Dh and I have agreed that we will go back to no booze in the week and we're quite looking forward to it. And the early nights! Middle aged.com hey?

Barbarella Sun 12-Apr-15 12:47:48

Sorry to all those afflicted or dealing with the aftermath of those afflicted, yuk.

lalsy Sun 12-Apr-15 13:04:54

Oooh what a lot of horrid lurgies. Here's to a quick recovery.

Thanks Stropps, those look fab. I can't believe the difference comfortable feet make.

herbaceous Sun 12-Apr-15 13:14:03

I have done Extreme Pruning, and our tiny garden is now full of cut-off branches. I'll have to somehow get them through the house and into the green bin after lunch.

I'm so knackered. And have to plan two lessons, which is making me anxious, and which I'm no good at doing when I'm tired.

bigTillyMint Sun 12-Apr-15 13:18:22

Herbs, I did that straight after the extreme pruning, but to our brown bin <polishes halo>

Barbarella, was the romcom on TV? What was it?

I think Rudy is dreading the back-to-school for the same reasons as me and Rose. Exam season. Still, only 9 weeks till it is all over!

herbaceous Sun 12-Apr-15 13:19:49

Our Easter break seems to be a week later than most other boroughs - we don't go back until 20 April. But the college where I'm teaching goes back tomorrow.

lalsy Sun 12-Apr-15 14:00:58

God, bins. They dominate my life. If one isn't broken or been stolen, the other has. I spend my life rebriefing the numpties I live with about the current situation, when they have only just grasped the previous one.

Yep, exam season here too. Tho my dc always had internal exams after half term and were expected to do some revision at Easter. Am very bored with my role cajoling the printer and oven into action. ds has another week at home though.

CointreauVersial Sun 12-Apr-15 14:27:00

Hellooo, new thread. What a nice day!

This morning saw the time-honoured annual Welcome to Spring ceremony on the lawn, with DH and I crawling about on our hands and knees. Also known as "Where the f**k is the hole for the bloody washing line?" grin

And the lawn mower seems to have broken. angry

I'm feeling very lazy today; no wish to do anything productive (apart from the inescapable stack of laundry). The DDs are doing very little; DS (of course) was off out early doors to spend the day with GF. Tomorrow morning is going to be a shock of huge proportions.

Rosebag Sun 12-Apr-15 14:27:15

DD is back tomorrow, DS not til Wednesday. I just need to keep in sight that by the summer of 2016 this might all be over. No more kids at school. I'm not naive enough to think uni for DS and BTec for DD will be the answer to all problems but well...... The thought keeps me going.

Sorry to hear that Brian is getting a good workout. Poor little mini Herbs (poor Mum) and poor Beachy clan. thanks

MI go write in a cafe....it worked for us! and JK Rowling... grin

Barberella is that the one where they're climbing walls into some sort of castle? Vague memories...in France, somewhere...

Just about to book a Pedi, tilly much, much needed. And various other body maintenance jobs. Seriously considering buying a mini Phillips pulsed light laser thingy to make waxing a thing of the past...I just can't take the pain anymore....
Anyone got one?

Ok...quick pit stop at chessington...and now about to get back on the road and cross Sarf London wilderness grin

Rosebag Sun 12-Apr-15 14:28:51

X post CV grin re ceremony. We are having one to eBay our trampoline and climbing frame. I want an adult garden.

motherinferior Sun 12-Apr-15 14:36:56

Rose, I am such a bluestocking geek that my ideal writing space is the British Library. I get quite over-excited at the prospect of ordering obscure journals and novels which have - for good reason - been out of print since 1882.

MrsSchadenfreude Sun 12-Apr-15 16:00:41

<waves from beach with nose like Rudolph>

This thread is not accepting new messages.