Decent pyjamas!

(30 Posts)
BabCNesbitt Mon 16-Feb-15 09:18:26

When I was in the US I got a pair of cotton pyjamas by Nick and Nora which I love, but which are fraying off me now. They have a traditional cut (button up top, long legs and sleeves), they're nice thick cotton, and they have a non-twee print on them (it's an Algonquin Hotel-style gathering and cocktails on a burgundy background).

So I'm trying to find a replacement here for my beloved jammies and there is NOTHING. I don't want a t-shirt and trackie bottom set, I don't want pastels or gingham or tartan, I don't want sex-ay satin or other synthetics, and I don't want Minnie fucking Mouse on them! I just want a classic pair of good cotton pyjamas, long sleeved, buttons up the top, in a darker colour!

(I spend a lot of time slobbing around in pyjamas, so this is important to me... )

mousmous Mon 16-Feb-15 09:24:07

maybe look at the men's section?

AmberNectarine Mon 16-Feb-15 09:25:29

Hush pricey but quality is fab, I have a few pairs.

QueenJulian Mon 16-Feb-15 09:32:19

Jcrew or bodas?

Shonajay Mon 16-Feb-15 09:47:19

Amazon sale section does a good selection sometimes, I got some lovely soft lepel ones £4 for the tops £6 for bottoms, mixed and matched.

TheOriginalWinkly Mon 16-Feb-15 09:49:05

I was impressed by the PJs in TK Maxx, surprisingly.

SunnySomer Mon 16-Feb-15 09:49:59

Toast, especially if they have some winter ones left. Really warm, but also v presentable if someone unexpectedly pops round

BristolMum321 Mon 16-Feb-15 09:52:40

I have several pairs from Hush but they bobble so I personally wouldn't go there again.
Boring to say it but Boden PJs are actually very good. They have pockets too which I LOVE.

BumWad Mon 16-Feb-15 09:55:59

Calvin Klein or Esprit

Branleuse Mon 16-Feb-15 09:57:20

fat face pyjamaa are good quality

Dumpylump Mon 16-Feb-15 09:59:18

I really liked the turquoise ones with navy spots that Katie Hopkins (I know, I know!) spent a lot of time in when she was slobbing about in the Big Brother house......don't suppose anyone knows where they were from? They'd also fit ops requirements!

BabCNesbitt Mon 16-Feb-15 10:21:11

mousmous, I've tried looking in various men's sections, and I don't have a problem with them being too baggy, but I'd prefer not to have an open fly! grin

AmberNectarine, those Hush ones would have been exactly right, but they're out of stock. sad Esprit did actually have a couple in the right style, but too pale - I need a dark pair or I'm going to look even more knackered and pasty when I see myself in the mirror first thing. Boden seems to be just camisole tops at the moment - maybe in a couple of months?

Toast actually looked really good - wouldn't have thought of them - but I wonder if I can justify spending £60 on a pair of pyjamas?

Will need to have a furtle around on Amazon and in TK Maxx...

boodles Mon 16-Feb-15 10:23:45

I will now only wear fatface pyjamas, they are the best thing ever.

BabCNesbitt Mon 16-Feb-15 10:45:23

They look like they'd be cozy, but from what I can see on the website, they're all pastels and t-shirt styles, which isn't really what I'm looking for at the moment.

newbiefrugalgal Mon 16-Feb-15 10:56:53

Sew up the flap part on the men's pj. Super easy. Problem solved

MonstrousRatbag Mon 16-Feb-15 11:13:02

Have a look at Bonsoir. They aren't cheap, but their stuff is very very nice and lasts well. These are the cheapest I could find, there are also a few pairs at sale prices.

JustCallMeDory Mon 16-Feb-15 13:31:14

Dickens and Jones range at House of Fraser.

They're as you describe - men's style 'proper' pjs - but cut for women. I got a pair with a very William Morris-ish print, which I love. I feel very Katherine Hepburnish in them. They're cotton, not silky, and stylish.

JustCallMeDory Mon 16-Feb-15 13:33:06

this is the pair I got and they're on sale now

Vvvoom Mon 16-Feb-15 13:34:49

I got exactly what you describe from Zara Home. Lovely.

And yes you can spend £60 on pjs - do it!

BabCNesbitt Tue 17-Feb-15 16:15:32

The Zara Home stuff looked very pretty, but a big more loose-fitting than I like. THANK YOU for the Dickens and Jones suggestion! I love the bird set they've got at the moment. And yes, swanning around like Katherine Hepburn is exactly what I'm hoping for even if I'm just slobbing around waiting for the Yodel chap.

scottgirl Tue 17-Feb-15 16:21:25

I love my HUSH ones, found on E-bay for £3.75! (immaculate). There was no mention of the brand in the description. Lucky lucky me.

BabCNesbitt Tue 17-Feb-15 17:30:20

I didn't even think to look at eBay, which is absurd as it's where most of my stuff comes from! blush

scottgirl Tue 17-Feb-15 21:35:38

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hush-Pyjama-Bottoms-Purple-Star-Design-New-M-L-Long-/271776828885?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f47294dd5

Chchchchanging Tue 17-Feb-15 21:48:18

Got my trad pjs from gap

Nancery Tue 17-Feb-15 23:04:08

I got some Hush ones for £10 each in the sale last week. Really pleased with them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now