High Street bloggers

(25 Posts)
myotherusernameiswittyandgreat Sat 03-Jan-15 22:27:14

I was just wondering if there are any bloggers for clothes and make up that only use high Street products. I only have a high street budget but I'm not very good at thinking of my own ideas and thought it would be good inspiration.

peasandlove Sat 03-Jan-15 22:41:55

they seem to start off high street but as they get more people following them and more freebies, they seem to blog about designer stuff only <sigh>

mswibble Sat 03-Jan-15 22:47:31

I agree with peas. Ive lost count of the blogs/Vlogs ive followed that started off as something I can relate to, before turning into blogger cliches showing off their Diptych (sp?) candles and drawers full of MAC blushers.

WipsGlitter Sat 03-Jan-15 22:47:38

Schoolgatestyle is pretty low end. But I agree they move higher as they get more popular. The Frugality does have so e cheaper stuff - lot of H&M homeware today.

eeeeker Sun 04-Jan-15 00:13:05

What lou wore 365 is a good one; she wears high street clothing and also re-wears clothes she already has.

peasandlove Sun 04-Jan-15 05:09:42

I've lost count of the bloggers I've seen out there wearing chanel boy bags and valentino shoes/bags etc.
Pretty much everything they recommend now I think "paid advertisement"

CeeceeBloomingdale Sun 04-Jan-15 08:57:09

I used to like schoolgatestyle but she seems to only post about things after they have sold out or mention bargains after the event so I've lost interest.

BelindaAllWorkedOut Sun 04-Jan-15 09:46:46

You'll find high street (w a little, self funded, high end) on the AllWornOutblog. I think SchoolRunMum blog is also high street.

SuperScribbler Sun 04-Jan-15 10:03:34

What Lizzy Loves is high street. As is Dorothy Camper, What Lou Wore and MidLifeChic.

ZammoMcGuire Sun 04-Jan-15 10:05:58

Sigh. Jeans and boots and scarves

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Sun 04-Jan-15 10:07:40

I love what Lou wore 365. She's so down to earth and seems approachable. A few others never answer questions or respond to questions on the post. Dbml40 yes you! She seems to only answer other bloggers and her friends.

Fcukfifa Sun 04-Jan-15 10:14:59

Sorry to jump in but does anyone know of any bloggers who have a more beachy hippy style? Love reading blogs but would love to find a British one with more of my style.

SuperScribbler Sun 04-Jan-15 10:17:10

But Zammo, if that's not what you like just don't read them.

eeeeker Sun 04-Jan-15 10:18:52

It's so rude when bloggers don't reply to comments. I stopped reading dmbl40 as she ignores most comments. I think she just wants people to fawn over her.

myotherusernameiswittyandgreat Sun 04-Jan-15 10:39:41

Thank you everyone. I will take a look at your suggestions. It's useful to know that a lot start off high Street but end up more designer. It explains why all of the ones I've found are using expensive products. They are useless to me as I can't relate to them as I will never be able to afford to spend that money.

BelindaAllWorkedOut Sun 04-Jan-15 11:21:12

fcuk - not British but look at They All Hate Us - Australian bloggers who live by the sea in Sydney, but have v £££ budget.

Girlsbrigadewashorrible Sun 04-Jan-15 14:23:04

I used to follow midlife chic but I suspect she is sponsored by Boden now as it its all she seems to recommend. Yawn.

Fcukfifa Sun 04-Jan-15 14:39:31

Thanks belinda I'll have a look, most boho type clothes I like seem to be mega ££!

RonaldMcDonald Sun 04-Jan-15 14:53:00

I like dmbl40.
I didn't realise she had a q & a section. She's on twitter too

RonaldMcDonald Sun 04-Jan-15 14:56:51

I don't think schoolmate style is remotely fashionable. I'm sure nice and interesting that she is making money from what she does but utterly unremarkable

Stokey Sun 04-Jan-15 15:24:00

I really like Susie SoSo, she's predominantly high street. And Belinda's own blog The Workwear Edit is great, especially the designer high street copies.

A couple of others worth a look are My Fashionable 40s, I won't wear Sludge Brown and Re:Style.

BelindaAllWorkedOut Sun 04-Jan-15 20:20:46

Thanks, Stokey, that's really nice. I just bought some Aldo Adaussi ankle boots that are Sergio Rossi-esque, so will be blogging them ASAP.

BelindaAllWorkedOut Sun 04-Jan-15 20:22:42

Ps for beauty, I'm liking reading I Covet Thee blog. More £££ but candid and interesting is Buy Now, Blog Later.

Another high st fashion blog is Mission Style.

SuperScribbler Sun 04-Jan-15 21:08:43

I'm sure MidLifeChic wrote that she is not sponsored by Boden and in fact her blog began with her attempts to branch out away from the "Boden" look. Having said that she admitted in a recent post that her clothes are still Boden heavy. I like her writing style and her house looks lovely too!

cocoF2016 Mon 26-Sep-16 14:43:49

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now