Matching bag and shoes?

(20 Posts)
RudyMentary Sun 31-Aug-14 23:45:20

Is this ok or am I losing it not!

RudyMentary Sun 31-Aug-14 23:46:17

.....?

polyhymnia Sun 31-Aug-14 23:48:13

OK, but I personally usually prefer not to as it seems a bit more interesting.

latika Sun 31-Aug-14 23:48:47

I say a big no no! I sometimes wear a 'matching' bag and shoes - black shoes and a black bag but never in the same fabric or leather iykwim

RudyMentary Mon 01-Sep-14 08:07:27

Ah!
I need a re-think then. It's not normally something I do but it's just sort of 'happened'.
It's a wedding if that makes any difference <<hopeful>>

Carpaccio Mon 01-Sep-14 08:31:36

I think it depends on the rest of the outfit.
Not matching shoes and bag can look really nice, but it can also look messy. Matching shoes and bag can tie the whole outfit together but can also look boring and old fashioned.

If you think it looks good, it's probably looking great.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Mon 01-Sep-14 08:34:13

Its took a long time for me to convince my DMum that non matching shoes/bag/hat can (and should!) be worn. She often dresses 100 percent in one colour though so it was always going to he a challenge.

Non matching is best.

I think weddings might be the only time this can work MOB outfits often come with matching hats, bags and shoes.

RudyMentary Mon 01-Sep-14 08:46:11

grin I'm not sure I want to look like MOB - although I am old enough to be.
I bought a new bag yesterday and just really wanted to use it for the Wedding. I probably need to buy another wink or new shoes

HolgerDanske Mon 01-Sep-14 10:08:40

Yes, new bag or shoes seems that most appropriate course of action smile

I like matching bag and shoes sometimes, but I do usually try to mix texture or fabric to make sure it doesn't look too matchy-matchy.

RudyMentary Mon 01-Sep-14 11:21:57

Look at VB.

RudyMentary Mon 01-Sep-14 11:24:11

Thanks for all the advice.
I'm not a matchy person but weddings are not usual territory for me.

MrsLettuce Mon 01-Sep-14 12:17:07

It can work but it's hard to pull off. Could you link to dress and accessories? The colour VB is wearing there is very similar indeed to her skin tone and although she makes it work I'm not a fan of 'nude'. Her size and the fab cut / shapes of the stuff she has on is doing 99% of the work.

RudyMentary Tue 02-Sep-14 09:09:29

Thanks MrsS
The dress is purple (VW Prophesy). I now have the option of some KG champagne satin peep toes (very high) or a pair of T-bar heels in purple/tan/brown (weird but I love them)
Bags options are a tan or purple (different shade to dress)

RudyMentary Tue 02-Sep-14 09:24:13
RudyMentary Tue 02-Sep-14 09:27:52

Sorry - MrsL

MrsLettuce Tue 02-Sep-14 10:45:25

Oh wow, excellent dressgrin

The 'weird' shoes and which ever of the bags looks best then, I'd say. Seems your judgement can be trusted.

RudyMentary Tue 02-Sep-14 12:13:42

grin you may not think that if you saw the shoes!

MrsLettuce Tue 02-Sep-14 13:50:50

I think I would grin They sound great!

Nowt like a proper dose of personality in ones clothing.

MrsLettuce Tue 02-Sep-14 13:53:35

(or maybe it's just the confidence that it takes to carry off 'wierd' stuff that does it, in any case, personality in yer clothing is A Good Thing)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now