Argh! Why don't my (non- grey) roots take colour?!

(4 Posts)
HaveAGoodDay Sun 24-Aug-14 08:21:07

So I've just coloured my hair again using a permanent nice n easy colour (always permanent colours). Once again my roots still remain an auburn colour so I'm left with lighter roots & darker lengths.

I don't have any visible grey at the roots so why is my root hair so resistant to dye? It's driving me nuts! I leave the dye on for long enough. I don't remember having this problem in the past, it's only come about the last few times when colouring my hair & I've tried a few different brands.

I guess the only option is to get them coloured at the hairdressers but to pay £££ isn't really an option for me. So do I treat my roots as if they are grey & seek a colour that will cover them as such?

LadyWithLapdog Sun 24-Aug-14 08:32:12

Do you follow the instructions correctly? You need to apply it on the roots first and later on the rest of the hair. Otherwise the rest of the hair will be darker than the roots.

HaveAGoodDay Sun 24-Aug-14 12:38:28

Thanks LadyWithLapdog for your reply, yes I've done it both ways roots first then lengths & also tried applying it all over, both ways end up with the same results! It's weird, I know that grey hair can be resistant to hair dyes but I don't have grey, I can probably see one maybe. I've tried in the past, along with nice & easy, shwarzkopf poly colour & that John frieda mouse one.

Greengardenpixie Sun 24-Aug-14 13:14:12

Just a thought but do you have lots of product on you hair before dying it? Maybe try using a clarifying shampoo a few days before and then dye to make your hair more receptive to the dye?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now