Sunglasses - sort me out, oh wise ones.

(17 Posts)

I had a pair of Vivienne Westwood sunglasses which died a horrible death. Like the ones on the picture but black and silver rather than brown and gold. I LOVED them. Unusual, dark enough to really work, wearable, no nose-bridge to get in my hair when I push them up (I know I'm not supposed to).

None on her website are fab enough to justify the price so what do you think? I want edgy but not wacky, unusual but not LOOK AT ME. I live in Canada so not quite London IYSWIM. The Westwood ones were right on the edge of OK for here. About $300 would be fine. Less would be finer.

Thanks in advance.

Kablooger Sun 24-Aug-14 02:26:16

What do we think to what?

What sunglasses should I buy?

Kablooger Sun 24-Aug-14 06:28:23

You'd have to try them on!

BritabroadinAsia Sun 24-Aug-14 09:22:11

Is the silver element important? I usually wear sunglasses with gold bits on, but love the shape of your (sadly deceased) ones - have some Michael Kors not dissimilar, though possibly a bit more conservative. What about Miu Miu? Quite unusual, but cheaper than Prada, Vivienne Westwood etc.

I'm looking for ideas and yes, I would have to try them in (big head and weirdly high cheeks). I wear a lot of silver so gold isn't great. Miu Miu looks good when I Google. I quite like these Michael Kors.

*on

BritabroadinAsia Mon 25-Aug-14 06:27:56

Ooh yes, they are lovely! Could be very tempted by the red, but I don't actually need another pair of sunglasses so do report back if they look fab on!

CoteDAzur Mon 25-Aug-14 07:29:49

Ray Ban's colorful & reflective sunglasses are all the rage atm.

tethersend Mon 25-Aug-14 12:27:22

tethers! Those aren't the same ones but the shape of the front is exactly the same. They're very cheap. Do you think they're fake?

The Ray-Bans aren't my cup of tea. I wear sunglasses all year round and they shout SUMMER.

I can see the red Miu Mius with a Breton top and capris on a yacht in Cannes.

BritabroadinAsia Mon 25-Aug-14 15:08:57

Yy to the gin palace red Miu Mius. I am enjoying this vicarious shopping...

Toofattorun Mon 25-Aug-14 15:36:21
Toofattorun Mon 25-Aug-14 15:38:24

They are discontinued... Nooooooo. The second pair have nose posts, which I can't have.

Toofattorun Mon 25-Aug-14 16:00:02

They ARE nice. And I know the shape suits me. Hmmm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now