Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

the Chelsea Boot thread

(84 Posts)
Kablooger Fri 22-Aug-14 14:13:56

Right - here ( fresh from the architect thread) are the results of the survey.
topshop - nice but a bit flappy at the ankle
Marks - nice but too pointy and cheap leather meaning they were hard

The winners are..... * fanfare *

the Clarks ones. Matt black leather. SO SO much comfier than the other ones, even without socks - nice arch support #gimmer

Kablooger Fri 22-Aug-14 14:14:50

www.clarks.co.uk/p/26103983
here - matter in RL I think. Also not flappy and welly looking

VeryLittleGravitasIndeed Fri 22-Aug-14 14:47:33

I know these are expensive, but so pretty!
http://www.elmofburford.com/rm-williams/rm-williams-kimberley-ladies-leather-boots.html

VeryLittleGravitasIndeed Fri 22-Aug-14 14:48:51
dexter73 Fri 22-Aug-14 14:50:11

BTS14 for 20% off at Clarks.

BeCool Fri 22-Aug-14 14:56:18

I can't see any difference between the Clarks and the Williams boots apart from the price!

Thanks for the Clarks code dexter

Clarks ones nice, but I still prefer my Chelsea boots brown - and bikers black!

Kablooger Fri 22-Aug-14 16:37:56

oh no those ones are horse riding ones

Kablooger Fri 22-Aug-14 16:38:28

brown? wierdo sad

Kablooger Fri 22-Aug-14 16:39:05

lol at sad face - Dunno why that went in there

I love brown boots. Well, I love black boots too tbh but only certain kinds of black ones - can look a bit PC Plod if not careful.

maybemyrtle Fri 22-Aug-14 16:43:23

I tried those on this very afternoon, the Clarks ones. In both black and brown because they didnt have all sizes in stock. They were nice but something was stopping them from being perfect.

Off topic but this dress found in TK Maxx was gorgeous, if only they'd had a 38.

Kablooger Fri 22-Aug-14 16:43:59

yes , that is how the topshop ones looked on my feet - huge, and I googled them and look whats going on 'ere then

BUt the clarks ones have a neater fit. I am off to Berlin in October half term and need these worn in and rrrrrready

Kablooger Fri 22-Aug-14 16:44:22

i didn't buy them M, I think it was the sunshine!

Ooh to Berlin. We tried to go earlier in the year but the flights were at silly times, so we changed our minds.

These look nice - sleeker, and I like the brown sole.

Kablooger Fri 22-Aug-14 16:50:34

do you? I am not sure about it. I might order both, they didnt have those in store.

when does the discount run out?

Not seen discount, sorry. No idea.

Kablooger Fri 22-Aug-14 16:54:15

ok i have ordered both.

YoureAllABunchOfBastards Fri 22-Aug-14 16:54:56

I have had similar from Clarks but both times the heel broke - it was rubber and cracked at the front of the heel. They couldn't be repaired. I loved those bloody boots.

Will await the report back. My Chelsea boots last year were Footglove ones (bigger gimmer) but they have been brilliant. Lovely soft leather and so comfortable. DD1 (19 and Kate Moss-like) bought them too!

Kablooger Fri 22-Aug-14 16:56:34

* wails *

i fancy those with some black Baxters ( and yes i Might dye the buggers with my new found dyeing fetish) a smartish ancient one I got in an oolay village pea coat and a natty scarf..

ooh get me grin

I love peacoats. Have a grey Hobbs one and it's lovely. Makes me feel all beatnik.

Kablooger Fri 22-Aug-14 16:59:41

i am not sure they are good for tittage

Fine if not too big and if left undone.

maybemyrtle Fri 22-Aug-14 17:01:57

Chelsea boot question: in my head I look willowy but the mirror says different. Can definite pear shapes wear chelsea boots without looking stodgier than usual? My default winter boots have all been mid calf because I feel it balances me out better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now