waterproof summer jacket

(11 Posts)
MsBug Fri 22-Aug-14 08:09:38

I have lots of lightweight summer jackets which aren't waterproof and don't even have hoods. I also have a 'proper' waterproof pac a mac. What I am looking for is something in between - a coat which looks vaguely stylish but is also a bit waterproof and has a hood ( I usually have a buggy so can't carry an umbrella). Something to wear on a summer evening or autumn day when it might rain.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

MsBug Fri 22-Aug-14 14:19:31

I knew it - it doesn't exist, does it? grin

LalaDipsey Fri 22-Aug-14 16:43:56

I had a Seasalt catalogue through the post and am now craving one of their macs. Worth a look, they have lots of different lengths and styles all waterproof

Sootgremlin Fri 22-Aug-14 16:49:32

I've just ordered this in green and have high hopes of it being just the ticket. This is my first year of (pre) school runs so want something properly waterproof but don't want to feel like I'm power walking in a bin bag.

One colour is sold out there but I found it elsewhere from an outdoorsy shop, they also have on amazon. There are other nice styles on that site as well.

Francois Sat 23-Aug-14 07:48:25

I have a light coloured thin north face jacket which fits bill. Very lightweight and looks ok.

Eastpoint Sat 23-Aug-14 08:00:04

I bought a black & white stripey showerproof jacket from Zara, their Trafaluc range but I've just had a look on their website & it isn't showing anymore.

Lululemon have a really nice coat jacket which comes in black or burgundy but it is £178 rather than £55 which is what my Zara jacket coat. I bought a Mackintosh once, I felt all sweaty in it & discovered I really need a hood.

I think you might have missed the boat with summer weight now the shops are getting their autumn/winter collections

Janek Sat 23-Aug-14 08:35:02

Seasalt, seasalt, seasalt. That is all. seasalt

Redhead11 Sat 23-Aug-14 08:41:17

I got a Trespass or Regatta (i can't remember which) at TKMaxx just 2 weeks ago. Very smart and rolls up into its own little bag for carrying. Completely waterproof and came in red or blue. Worth having a look.

WienerDiva Sat 23-Aug-14 08:43:25

Next have for a few lovely hooded lightweight PAC-A-MAC things. They come in lovely prints and are about 30 pounds.

wiltedcabbage Sat 23-Aug-14 23:49:16

I was going to recommend the Target Dry also - I've got the Emily in the green colour and it's perfect at the moment.

MsBug Sun 24-Aug-14 16:23:40

Thanks for all your replies - I'm on holidays now with dodgy internet connection so will check out all of your recommendations when i get back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now