If you wear cashmere, where do you get it from?

(40 Posts)
Unlabelled Wed 20-Aug-14 13:06:43

I love cashmere jumpers in the winter, I have bought some from pure collection as I like the 'boyfriend' length.

Where do you your get cashmere that doesn't pill and isn't crop top length?

cardigal Wed 20-Aug-14 15:22:18

Cashmere does pill I'm afraid. I don't think Merino wool does.

I'm a fan of Edinburgh Woollen Mill's cashmere, it's always half-price and I can get cardigans and jumpers for around £60 which is cheaper than M&S.

It also washes beautifully.

I've got a couple of M&S ones. They have pilled a bit though, but can get v good prices in the sales.

museumum Wed 20-Aug-14 15:26:22

woolovers - some of it's a bit 'granny' but as they have pretty much every style you can imagine you can always find something nice.

pinkfrocks Wed 20-Aug-14 15:27:58

Boden but sent back recent stuff as feels itchy and thinner...but you might want to send and try.

Otherwise suggest Uniqlo, John Lewis, Pure Collection ( lovely but wait for discounts.)

LuckySaint Wed 20-Aug-14 15:28:35

I get mine from Gap, m&s and J Crew

Chaby Wed 20-Aug-14 15:32:16

M&s good quality for the price

Siximpossible Wed 20-Aug-14 15:34:22

I've got one from Pure outlet, and one from EWM sale. The Pure one is as soft as soft, has been worn every day for months on end and washed several times. It's beginning to look a little pilled, but retains its shape and washes very well. The EWM one is slightly scratchy, has been worn less than the Pure one, pilled faster, needs to be re shaped after every wash and, worst of all, is developing little holes. (Holes, not moth.)

I shan't buy cashmere from EWM again. Their machine-washable lambswool jumpers OTOH have been very good.

I bought a short sleeved camel round neck cashmere ( 50% off ) from Tesco.
It was reduced to £20.
I wash it in a bag in those delicate wash liquids (it is machine wash) and flat dry.

It doesn't look particularly spectacular but it is nice to wear smile

revealall Wed 20-Aug-14 16:48:05

M&S - £2.50 for a cardi in the sale that has lasted 3 years with no piling. 'Twas a size 22 so I guess no one wanted a plus size cardi. Fits me a 14/16 perfectly.

Wish I had brought the jumper too.

PasswordProtected Wed 20-Aug-14 18:30:44

Pure & Whistles. Wash well. I also have one of those Pure trimmer devices, but haven't needed it yet.

ohmymimi Wed 20-Aug-14 18:41:45

M and S sale and Edinburgh Woolen Mill 'Isles' brand. Both have worn and hand-washed fine. Minimal pilling, so far, but I've got one of those little bobble trimmers at the ready!

canny1234 Wed 20-Aug-14 20:01:51

Whistles- last years jumpers have worn very well with virtually no pilling.Pure - boyfriend cardigan has pilled but not too much.Boden has pilled dreadfully and immediately.Tk Maxx- totally brand dependant.Last winters Stefanel from Tk's have not pilled at all ( and initially seemed very loosely knit fine cashmere).Others have pilled but none as badly as Boden.

Velocirapture Wed 20-Aug-14 20:54:42

I got a jumper and a hoodie from Tesco last year, they are wearing beautifully.

LetsFaceTheMusicAndDance Wed 20-Aug-14 22:36:06

Woolover have 2 merino/cashmere boyfriend cardigans for £60 with free delivery today. I can't help wondering how they can possibly sell them for that price if they are any good.

MrsMarigold Wed 20-Aug-14 22:37:26

Brora - worth the money - I accidentally washed on in a regular wash and it was fine. I love Pure oranges.

Littlefiendsusan Wed 20-Aug-14 22:37:55

Can't vouch for the quality,but TK Maxx have quite a few cashmere jumpers on their website right now.

CuttedUpPear Wed 20-Aug-14 22:46:53

I love cashmere.
My EWM one developed loads if holes, as another poster said.
My Woolovers ones pilled dramatically and even after extensive de-bobbling, still don't look classy (as they should).

My best one is M&S, I don't like the colour but the quality is terrific.

LetsFaceTheMusicAndDance Wed 20-Aug-14 23:00:45

I am still in mourning for the loss of my ancient black cashmere boyfriend cardigan from Tesco that I bought years ago when they first started doing cashmere. It was wonderful right up to the day DH decided it could go into the tumble drier on high heat with the rest of the 40 degree wash.

Sob.

Luxaroma Thu 21-Aug-14 07:46:09

I'm a big fan of uniqlo, they Wash well and hold their shape. My pure cardigan looks like a rag, it pills easily and creases easily, so looks very tired at the end of a day's wear.

allmycats Thu 21-Aug-14 14:52:47

Try House of Bruar, their cashmere is not the cheapest but does wear well.

Floisme Thu 21-Aug-14 15:27:54

Uniqlo isn't bad for the price, although the quality is hit and miss. But, having read about the environmental impact of cheaper cashmere, I've decided to either save up, buy second hand or go without. If I fall off the wagon, please feel free to shout.

CuttedUpPear Thu 21-Aug-14 23:29:35

Floisme what is the environmental impact of cheaper cashmere?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 21-Aug-14 23:35:10

Woolovers-really good quality and good service.

Landsend cashmere is lovely quality.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now