Which of these boots do you prefer?

(30 Posts)
Pinkfrocks Tue 19-Aug-14 21:10:18

Does anyone have any strong opinions on either of these? They both like better in reality than on the web. The first pair has a much thicker sole and grip.
Have ordered both, like both, one is much cheaper than the other.
The 2nd pair seem slightly wider around the top and don't have a zip( that works)
Would probably wear either with slim jeans tucked in or they would also fit under narrow/ straight leg jeans. (just)

Clarks boots

www.clarks.co.uk/p/26104319 Clarks boots]]

Pinkfrocks Tue 19-Aug-14 21:11:08

look better in reality

and I got 20% off.

Hassled Tue 19-Aug-14 21:12:23

The second, although I can't put my finger on why. Leather just looks a bit nicer?

Pinkfrocks Tue 19-Aug-14 21:14:53

The leather is softer but not sure about the quilting effect round the top edge.
It's a close call!

ElephantsNeverForgive Tue 19-Aug-14 21:16:54

Second pair are trying a bit hard to be something they're not and are silly money.

I agree, with discount, it's a try them with the trousers your going to wear and see.

Roseformeplease Tue 19-Aug-14 21:17:10

I like both but am rather taken with the glossiness of the 2nd pair.

HolgerDanske Tue 19-Aug-14 21:31:25

I much prefer the first pair. I don't think the gloss on the second pair suits the style.

Pinkfrocks Tue 19-Aug-14 21:31:31

Hmmm...
the 2nd pair feel very light on my feet which is good but they are narrower in the foot and there is a slight pressure on my bunion ( lovely.)

PasswordProtected Tue 19-Aug-14 21:32:38

Both too butch for me.

Pinkfrocks Tue 19-Aug-14 21:33:01

sorry- x posted.
The 2nd pair don't really have any gloss- it's rubbish photo on the website. The first pair are just ever so slightly more matte but there is little difference. I am trying to take some pics...

First pair. I don't like the second ones at all.

I'm not really keen on either but think the first pair are nicer.

Pinkfrocks Tue 19-Aug-14 21:36:36

I think I have more or less persuaded myself that Pair 1 are best because the 2nd pair seem to stick out at the back around the top - a bit too baggy. But still open to opinions...

itiswhatitiswhatitis Tue 19-Aug-14 21:36:44

First pair.

The second pair look like mum boots trying hard to be cool like biker boots.

HolgerDanske Tue 19-Aug-14 21:38:27

I wouldn't keep the second pair if you are feeling pressure on your bunion unless you're fairly confident it'll stretch to accommodate.

Ok, gloss issue sorted, I just like the style of the first one better. The whole point with a dress down, casual boot (for me, anyway) is not to look too try-hard, and there is something a little too styled about the second pair, for me. They just look a bit too something, although I can't quite put my finger on it. It come across clumsy. But it could be different IRL as opposed to on photo. I do like the brown sole and heel, though.

If I were picking for myself it'd be the first pair.

Pinkfrocks Tue 19-Aug-14 21:38:59

Thanks!
The first pair are almost identical to some brown ones I have from Jones that are now worn out, they were so comfy.
I know they are a bit butch looking but they are cold weather boots- already have some neater Chelsea boots but they don't have any grip.

thenightsky Tue 19-Aug-14 21:39:07

First pair the best.

ThatBloodyWoman Tue 19-Aug-14 21:39:16

First pair without a doubt.
I'd like a pair.

HolgerDanske Tue 19-Aug-14 21:40:06

It think itiswhatitishas got it.

LEMmingaround Tue 19-Aug-14 21:41:56

I had s pair like the first pair last year. They fell to bits after two weeks. Clarks is not great.

museumum Tue 19-Aug-14 21:45:43

First pair. Matt is nicer.

bauhausfan Tue 19-Aug-14 21:45:57

the first - I really like them.

Prefer the second - the first look like little girl boots. But I think there are far nicer ones out there than either of them, and I don't think either of them would work very well worn under jeans - better over skinnies.

Pinkfrocks Tue 19-Aug-14 21:50:09

Remus- any links to any?

Pinkfrocks Tue 19-Aug-14 21:51:42

Just to say they look much better in the flesh than on the website- I'd not have gone for either from those pics. I think the first pair are a good buy for £70 -odd.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now