If you wear a tinted bb cream as an everyday alternative to full make up

(32 Posts)
olaflikeswarmhugs Mon 18-Aug-14 13:04:03

What one do you wear ?
And what (if any) powder do you put on top of it ?

Panzee Mon 18-Aug-14 13:05:27

Clinique with a little powder.

olaflikeswarmhugs Mon 18-Aug-14 13:06:49

What type/brand of powder panz ?

VeryLittleGravitasIndeed Mon 18-Aug-14 13:14:03

Technically not a bb cream but so light it may as well be - Terry Light Expert. I don't wear powder, my skin is too dry for it.

Wolfiefan Mon 18-Aug-14 13:17:54

Estée Lauder BB cream. Lovely.

Bohemond Mon 18-Aug-14 13:18:44

Dr Reynaud
No powder

do you moisturise before BB cream?

Panzee Mon 18-Aug-14 13:22:33

I use a Max Factor pressed powder. Not much.
I use a light moisturiser too -my skin is v dry though.

Carpaccio Mon 18-Aug-14 13:50:44

I use a moisturiser before using tinted moisturiser/BB cream.

I use Estee Lauder DayWear BB cream or Laura Mercier oilfree tinted moisturiser.

As I have oily skin, I use powder to avoid looking too oily after a couple of hours. I find that the Estee Lauder BB cream (and DoubleWear light also) seems to be great at keeping my skin matte for longer than most other products.

How old are you all? Just wondering if my being mid-40s (eek) means BB cream is better/worse...

olaflikeswarmhugs Mon 18-Aug-14 14:39:49

I'm 28 with very greasy spot-prone skin so I don't really wear make up during the day .
I'm starting a uni course and want something that will give me a bit of coverage/colour but without being to heavy .
I wear mac studio fix with benefit boing concealer at weekend/going out . But it's too dark and heavy for day to day wear .

Blithereens Mon 18-Aug-14 14:41:04

I like Benefit The Big Easy. I use a primer under it and blend it in with my fingers. It dries to a powder finish smile

Fairylea Mon 18-Aug-14 14:43:00

I keep trying bb creams and have tried loads but at 33 with very oily skin they just make me look too shiny and if I put powder on them the powder clogs and I look streaky. I end up going back to my normal foundation and pressed powder.

Bohemond Mon 18-Aug-14 14:48:37

I am 42 Edam. Have fairly normal skin but prefer the natural look

Leviticus Mon 18-Aug-14 15:08:17

Moisturiser then Botanics BB and a bit of pressed translucent - Bourjois healthy mix at the mo - applied with a brush to shiny bits.

MamaLazarou Mon 18-Aug-14 15:14:44

Garnier BB cream with a bit of Laura Mercier translucent loose powder on the T-zone.

HazleNutt Mon 18-Aug-14 15:28:57

Not sure it's technically a BB, but Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Fluid. Very light. No powder, even though I have oily skin.

slug Mon 18-Aug-14 15:42:22

48 I'm in my 40's I use Dr Jaart Premium BB cream. It's fine without powder over the top but for work I usually pat a little mineral foundation over the oiler places to set it. I have that pale, freckly Celtic skin that never tans.

Hassled Mon 18-Aug-14 15:49:56

I'm using some Lancome CC cream (not really sure what the difference is between that and BB tbh) at the moment that I really like.

3littlefrogs Mon 18-Aug-14 15:54:13

Osiris BB cream (Lidl). It is lovely, light and inexpensive. When they have it I buy 3 or 4 tubes.

Slightly mystified though as to why it is named after the Egyptian god of death. confused

MrPop Mon 18-Aug-14 15:58:34

At the moment am wearing Ren BB cream but I won't buy it again, it feels quite drying. Just tried a sample of Clarins BB and that seemed really nice.

I also tried soap and glory bb (which isn't tinted) as recommended on here but wasn't keen. I needed to use powder with it - I use Mac blot powder which is very good.

I put moisturiser (and sometimes suncream) on underneath too!

Carpaccio Mon 18-Aug-14 16:07:16

Have you tried a mattifying primer under your foundation/tinted moisturiser/BB cream?

Also, a sheer coverage foundation might work well for you - Estee Lauder DoubleWear Light lasts so well and doesn't give much coverage at all.

Doing touch ups during the day is normal for a lot of people, especially those with oily or combination skin. A good pressed powder is brilliant. You can use it with a powder puff or brush, and to set the makeup in the morning.

lisaloulou84 Mon 18-Aug-14 16:13:27

Another shout for Benefit's Big Easy, I like to mix it with their That Gal and use their Fake Up under my eyes and around my nose.

FabulousSweetieDarling Mon 18-Aug-14 16:16:27

If you have to wear a moisturiser before, then what's the point in using a BB cream above a normal foundation? I thought the whole point was that BB creams were all in one, time savers?

flanjabelle Mon 18-Aug-14 16:32:37

L'oreal bb cream in light. Its fab for my spot prone slightly oily skin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now