Best nail polish?

(57 Posts)
Notfootball Sat 16-Aug-14 09:53:40

I've been using Revlon as I used to by it duty-free but they are getting old.

What are the best brands, cheap-mid priced?

beachywaves Sat 16-Aug-14 09:59:43

I really rate Revlon, but also love OPI and Essie - both very hardwearing. I think Borjois are pretty good as well, but haven't used them for a while.

KarenHL Sat 16-Aug-14 10:17:05

I found GOSH brilliant, lasts ages.

This week I've bought Superdrug's own brand (half-price). It's called 'B.quick', has some lovely colours and has lasted through several lots of washing-up. Most brands I've tried chip after a day or so, this one doesn't. I will definitely buy again.

Bakersbum Sat 16-Aug-14 10:24:45

Collection (2000) gel. Lasts much longer than nails Inc that I used to buy at 3 times the cost. Bought it after recommendations on here.

PinkandTwinkly Sat 16-Aug-14 10:25:53

For me a decent base and top coat means even cheapies give good wear.

Brush wise i like Color Club, and Nails Inc. I love the finish OPI but the Pro Wide brush is a little wide for my nails

GobblersKnob Sat 16-Aug-14 10:29:13

Essie, Zoya and China Glaze imo.

YellowStripe Sat 16-Aug-14 10:33:29

PinkandTwinkly - you're the only other person I know who uses Color Club! Have you tried 852 Revvvolution?

Dontgotosleep Sat 16-Aug-14 11:20:24

MUA from superdrug is very good and it's only £1.

SplatPancake Sat 16-Aug-14 11:26:52

I like Zoya and OPI, but am having issues with a lovely China Glaze one I bought at start if summer - just vanishes, not chips! I'm not using a top coat though, that might be an issue

lk26 Sat 16-Aug-14 11:32:53

I use the gel ones from avon. On special for £3. Only use on my toes and they last for ages and really glossy.

JetJungle Sat 16-Aug-14 11:36:10

50% off Ciate nail polish til midnight, anyone?

here

Acknowledgements to BakeOffQueen from the Christmas Thread for this deal

InSummer Sat 16-Aug-14 11:42:45

I really like the Rimmel 60 seconds ones.

I found a really nice turquoise one in boots a while ago. Cheap brand, 'Sinful Nails' or something. Can't find it to check. It lasted ages on fingers and toes.

LoadsaBlusher Sat 16-Aug-14 12:10:04

I would second MUA ,great for £1
My favourites though are Barry M Gelly Polishes
Long lasting ,great colours and super shiny

AuntieBrenda Sat 16-Aug-14 12:12:25

My friend works for a cosmetic giant. All nail varnish is manufactured in two factories - companies buy the different colours/ shades whatever.
I don't actually buy any as she gives me excellent freebies but if I did, I wouldn't go paying a lot for stuff that's the same formula.

SecretLimonadeDrinker Sat 16-Aug-14 12:19:31

I normally use China Glaze but only get about three days wear. Am thinking go doing gel nails in future.

Has anyone tried the diy gel nails without a lamp method? Saw it on Pinterest - www.hairsprayandhighheels.net/2013/08/diy-gel-nails/

Vajazzler Sat 16-Aug-14 12:24:43

My favourite brands are china glaze, color club, opi, and sinful colors. You need a good quality hard wearing top coat too.

kickassangel Sat 16-Aug-14 12:27:37

Chanel.

Last about twice as long as Rimmel. New polish always lasts better than old stuff as well

Leviticus Sat 16-Aug-14 12:28:26

Essie and bourgois are good.

PinkSparklyElephant Sat 16-Aug-14 12:42:26

Definitely OPI for me. Although I find using Seche Vite top coat makes any nail polish last longer.

icanmakeyouicecream Sat 16-Aug-14 12:57:00

Chanel and Loreal

Chanel, I'm a gardener and it protects my nails.

I also own bourgois and other mid price, they just don't last and highlight the ribs in my nails. They aren't as good as the expensive brands

Haroldhadrada Sat 16-Aug-14 16:04:58

Despite being cheap as chips, Barry M gel varnish is excellent!

Rimmel and Essie for me.

cosikitty Sat 16-Aug-14 16:54:47

I always think nail polish is one thing you can really economise on, expensive stuff is never any better than cheap stuff. I like Rimmell, or Essie. The last bourgois one I had had to be thrown away, it kept melting in the sun on holiday and the sand kept sticking to it, they always used to be goo in the past though.

cosikitty Sat 16-Aug-14 16:55:02

Anyone tried Butter London?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now