Boden - does anyone buy Jonnie B clothes for themselves?

(8 Posts)
hazelnutlatte Fri 15-Aug-14 16:30:46

And if so, how is the sizing? Is the quality the same as the rest of Boden?
I've noticed that the Jonnie b range is quite a bit cheaper than the women's range but some of the clothes are pretty similar so I thought I might try and see if I can fit into clothes designed for teenagers - can anyone tell me what size I want if I'm usually a size 10? And would anyone notice or care that I was wearing childrens clothes at the age of 34?

AugustaGloop Fri 15-Aug-14 16:54:15

I buy for my DC - would not fit me. I have noticed though that the reviews are often from adults who have bought for themselves rather than for their children. The reviews might give you an idea of sizing. I did buy some sandals from there once as they go up to 6. I thought they were a little narrower than normal but may just have been the particular sandals. A friend ordered size 5 boots and said she thought they were narrower around the calves than adult range.
Childrens clothes are exempt from VAT whereas adult clothes are not. I do not know if they treat the Johnnie B range as childrens clothes. If they are I guess HMRC might challenge it if lots of normal sized adults are buying from there.

LittleG69 Fri 15-Aug-14 17:02:20

I'm a large size 12 and buy some of the Johnnie B topsin a size 16+. I've found the quality excellent.. Only children's clothes that fit an 'average' 14 year old are vat free.

flowery Fri 15-Aug-14 17:55:22

I do occasionally. I'm a 10 and find the 15-16 size to be plenty big enough.

Romcom Fri 15-Aug-14 19:07:03

Same as flowery, I've bought the johnnie b boat neck breton in size 15-16. I'm a 10 and it's spot on.

hazelnutlatte Mon 18-Aug-14 17:23:58

Cheers - as soon as they send me a 20% off code I'm buying a coat, pj's and maybe some skinny jeans

daimbardiva Mon 18-Aug-14 21:57:52

I buy from johnnie b. I am 5'11" and size 14 and the 16+ size fits well. I get a smug thrill from being able to buy from a teenage range. The jeans are v low slung though.

GobblersKnob Tue 19-Aug-14 07:35:08

I do, their jeans are much nicer than regular Boden, I also have a few tops, jackets and a coat. I am a 10-12 and fit either a 15-16 or a 16+ depending on the cut (am quite large of nork). 1 also have lots of pj bottoms which are often criminally cheap in the sale and a better cut than the women's ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now