Citrus perfume

(30 Posts)
TheAwfulDaughter Fri 15-Aug-14 00:39:03

Perfumistas...

Despite being a purely pepper girl, I fell in love with Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien. I can't get over it's loveliness, but it's way out out my price range.

Can anyone recommend a nice citrus scent with the same heaviness to it? I don't want it too fresh and zingy.

I have found Versace Yellow Diamonds quite cheap and I am thinking of blind buying.

HoldenMcGroin Fri 15-Aug-14 00:52:17

Guerlain acqua allegoria pampelune is extraordinary

Shia Fri 15-Aug-14 00:53:58

Have you seen the perfumes by Fragonard?

M&s sell them.

I wear Vetiver and also Patchouli.

Next to try will be Fleur de o'rangeur.

They are lovely.

The Vetiver one...

www.marksandspencer.com/fragonard-naturelles-line-vetiver-eau-de-toilette-100ml/p/p22186726

Just seach Fragonard in m&s website.

BOFster Fri 15-Aug-14 01:00:47

Thierry Mugler's Womanity is very citrusy, iirc.

TheAwfulDaughter Fri 15-Aug-14 01:01:03

I love Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune, was homing for more of a lemony scent than a grapefruit (should have specified, I know its all citrus!)

Will check out the Fragonard scents, definitely in my price range.

Looking for something heavy and sexy, but lemony confused I am confusing myself. I hate fruits and florals usually and walk around in a cloud of pepper and anise!

Madaboutthrows Fri 15-Aug-14 06:11:53
Shia Fri 15-Aug-14 06:38:51
Shia Fri 15-Aug-14 06:40:56
Madaboutthrows Fri 15-Aug-14 06:48:11
CoreyTrevorLahey Fri 15-Aug-14 07:05:11

OP, I got a 100ml bottle of Eau d'Hadrien in TK Maxx for �40 last year! I know it's a long shot, but might be worth a try smile

I second pp's suggestions of M&S. Their perfume selection is amazing now. The Monotheme range has some good citrussy smells like Sicilian orange and similar.

canny1234 Fri 15-Aug-14 07:12:47

I love Eau d'Hadrien as well.Other alternatives that I adore are Hermes eau des Merveilles.A gorgeous citrussy,woody,peppery,salty fragrance thats a really good choice for autumn.Starts at about £35 on All beauty.Or miniatures can be picked up on ebay.
Atelier Cologne do a really good value sample pack of longer lasting citrussy colognes that smell wonderful too.Fragonard and Yves Rocher are probably the best value perfumes available though.

callamia Fri 15-Aug-14 07:27:38

L'occitane verbena?

peasandlove Fri 15-Aug-14 07:57:43

I"m currently obsessed with L'Eau de Chloe Chloe for women

ColdCottage Fri 15-Aug-14 08:06:38

Small bottle of Jo Malone - French Lime Blossom, very gentle or for a bit more citrus her Grapefruit.

FrankSpencer Fri 15-Aug-14 08:09:04

Remember Issey Miyake's range!

SinglePringle Fri 15-Aug-14 08:13:46

I second the Eau des Mervielles. I wear it all year round and always get compliments. I have re original and the warmer 'amber' version also.

RavenRose Fri 15-Aug-14 08:14:59

Guerlain have a new Aqua Allegoria out - limon verde. It's very lemony!

thesaurusgirl Fri 15-Aug-14 14:56:10

Men's scents are often cheaper and more likely to be citrus based.

Try Trumper's (yes, I know!) Extract of Lime or Penhaligon's Quercus.

CK One is still available and now not so many people wear it, it's come into its own.

I find Jo Malone's perfumes evaporate after 5 seconds, despite costing about a trillion pounds.

TheAwfulDaughter Fri 15-Aug-14 15:11:50

So many good ideas- will report back once I had a look. Ideally want a 80-100ml bargain as I want it as my everyday scent, so I'd like it to see me through for a while.

canny1234 Fri 15-Aug-14 19:47:33

100mls of Annick Goutal is around £53 on All beauty.That's probably the best deal around on Eau d'Hadrien.The Aqua Allegorias do have a similar feel to the Annick Goutals however and often can be found for a slightly cheaper price on eBay.
The best citrus for longevity for me is Acqua di Parma's Magnolia Nobile.It's a gorgeous really easy to wear citrus that really lasts but is pretty pricey sadly.

MintyCoolMojito Fri 15-Aug-14 21:52:35

I really like In Love Again by YSL - very grapefruity

Andallmyhopeisgone Fri 15-Aug-14 22:58:36

Some of Fragonard's are really nice. Love the Fleur d' orengeur and I'm not even a citrus fan!
What is that really, really harsh citrus note in some citrus perfumes? It's like a really strong high pitched, bitter acidic smell. Can only some people smell it? I don't smell it in the L'occitane or the fragonard citruses,

sanssoleil Fri 15-Aug-14 23:01:47

Clarins Eau Dynamisante?

OverAndAbove Fri 15-Aug-14 23:06:12

Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi is excellent but really expensive. I think a mx of a Jo Malnes might work; they are very good about you trying a blend in their shops

BestIsWest Fri 15-Aug-14 23:08:26

O de Lancôme has that citrussy smell with a spicier depth to it.

I used to love Diorella which was similar but they have changed it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now