Very pretty for a young girl

BBQSteak Thu 14-Aug-14 23:14:35

thanks for replying smile
she is 7

HygieneFreak Fri 15-Aug-14 12:18:59

I think its a nice coat for a girl under 10

BBQSteak Fri 15-Aug-14 13:12:16

thanks for youtr thoughts and I showed it dd, who prefers this
which I think is lovely but not v practical esp the way it does even seem to button up
just seems to have one button at the top

here

Beautiful coat OP, she will look adorable in that, and it looks warm and cosy.

Not so much her choice. That is more like a party coat/church/special occasion coat.

I am now loathe to buy a coat with no hood for dcs (and myself) as it's always so useful in rainy, cold England.

BBQSteak Fri 15-Aug-14 13:40:47

the last coat she had lasted for three years
from marks and spencers a duffle coat

so I don't mind paying quite a bit as hopefully get at least 2 winters out of it

BBQSteak Fri 15-Aug-14 13:43:49

but I think her choice is a bit impractical

I expect to get two years (or more) out of a coat and think you could with this one. It's gorgeous.

My dcs are all tall and I would go for the 9-10 and roll up the sleeves. Thus ensuring two years worth of wear.

Your dd will turn heads in this coat.smile

piratecat Fri 15-Aug-14 13:56:50

sorry, it's not gorgeous. maybe for a 3 yr old.

BBQSteak Fri 15-Aug-14 14:11:46

well if was to get the first one with th flowers and berries, I this could possibly be the last chance to get something like that as sure as she gets older and older she will want more plain things

here quite like this cream coat though

RiverTam Fri 15-Aug-14 14:15:39

not keen at all, the style, pattern and ribbon taken all together is too fussy.

The cream one looks a bit child-of-a-Russian-oligarch to me.

UriGeller Fri 15-Aug-14 14:20:29

Its a bit girly for my tastes. The pattern is very fussy, but it'll hide ice cream stains well.

The second on is quite nice in a classic way but not waterproof and there's no hood. Also, looks like the coats I see the little scouse princesses wear for an afternoon shopping in Liverpool with their wag mummy.

strawberrysplit Fri 15-Aug-14 14:39:09

I love the first one, in fact I considered it for my dd1 but decided to get one from vertbaudet instead as it was shower-proof and it's a school coat.

The other 2 are also very pretty but the pink one is more of a special occasion coat to me and the 3rd one i'd say is quite impractical due to colour and lack of hood...

I wouldn't go with any of those, personally. The first one is garish, the second is just a party jacket and the third would get filthy. There will be plenty of lovely coats for girls in the shops soon, I'm sure.

ScarlettDarling Fri 15-Aug-14 20:24:32

My dd had the plain red version of the flowery one last winter . It was a lovely length and fur lined so toasty warm. A great buy and well worth the money. We did remove the ribbon belt though. Not keen on the other 2 coats, although the fur one is lovely for a party or wedding.

UriGeller Fri 15-Aug-14 20:47:29

GAP do great winter coats, really warm and with hoods for similar prices. They last ages too.

bloodyteenagers Fri 15-Aug-14 20:53:22

Wouldn't get any of them. The first one reminds me of my nans curtains she had when I was a kid. The second one, great if you never walk anywhere. The third would be always needing to be washed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now