Baffled as to why this won't sell on ebay! Matthew Williamson skirt (not Debenhams)- free to a good home

(13 Posts)
PontypineNumber9 Fri 01-Aug-14 13:28:00

Hi - I have a beautiful fine wool Matthew Williamson skirt that I have tried to sell on ebay a couple of times but there haven't been any takers. I am totally baffled as to why - it's gorgeous and in perfect condition save for two minute holes (literally pin sized) that are only visible if you deliberately look for them.
It is size 12, knee length and lined.
Would anyone like it? It was a present from an ex a few years ago (he was VERY good at presents) and only worn a couple of times as it's just not my style.
I'm happy to give it away as it seems so silly to leave it hanging in my wardrobe. Otherwise it goes in the charity shop pile.
I've tried to add photos - fingers crossed they work...

bishboschone Fri 01-Aug-14 13:31:40

It's summer . I doubt people want to buy fine wool in summer !

Middleagedmotheroftwo Fri 01-Aug-14 13:35:21

Mmmm - it looks a bit "old ladyish" and dowdy to me OP, though it probably looks much nicer in the flesh. Would it be more likely to sell if you took a photo of you wearing it? Photo just from waist down maybe?

I think it's lovely. Probably just the wrong time of year. Bet it looks gorgeous with boots

I think it's lovely. Probably just the wrong time of year. Bet it looks gorgeous with boots

TheCowThatLaughs Fri 01-Aug-14 13:38:14

It looks a bit saggy in the picture because of how its hung I think. Could that be why maybe?

SinglePringle Fri 01-Aug-14 13:39:19

I'm a size 10-12 and it looks big - more so across the bit between the stomach and hips. Is it? May be why it's not selling? Also it's slightly dowdy on its own - could you style it with a top on someone to show haw it actually sits / fits?

ScrambledSmegs Fri 01-Aug-14 13:40:36

Ooh, I know those kind of skirts, they look lovely on. Very flattering. I'm a size 12. Not sure if I'm a Matthew Williamson size 12 but I'd be happy to give it a good home?

Am off out but will be able to pm. Are you sure you want to give it away?

ShatnersBassoon Fri 01-Aug-14 13:41:58

Hang it on a better hanger for the photo, it looks heavy and saggy as it is. Like others have said, a wool skirt isn't what people are looking for in August. Leave it a month and try again.

alfuou Fri 01-Aug-14 13:42:00

I think maybe because it's summer. Also perhaps the way it's hung and presented. The gathers look odd to me, too, at first I thought it might be culottes.

I bet it does look nicer on

DrFunkesFamilyBandSolution Fri 01-Aug-14 13:42:12

I think it would benefit from being photographed on you/a mannequin. It just looks shapeless on the hanger

PittTheYounger Fri 01-Aug-14 13:44:16

It looks a bit droopy

PontypineNumber9 Fri 01-Aug-14 13:47:33

Totally take the point about the time of year but I tried in winter as well with equally no success!
But I hadn't thought about it looking too drapey - I suppose it does look shapeless in the photos but it definitely is not. Ha ha it is not culottes! It's actually beautifully cut and a lovely shape. Oh well - I am rubbish at selling on ebay, clearly!
ScrambledSmegs - happy for you to take it. I'll PM you now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now