Can anyone recommend supportive girl's sandals, not Birkenstocks or Clarks?

(13 Posts)
kahori Mon 28-Jul-14 20:38:32

At the end of my tether with dd and her feet! She would prefer to be barefoot but of course that's not always possible.

I live in Birkenstocks and thought they would be perfect but she doesn't think so although she likes the style of straps and colours.

She has never been comfortable in Clarks.

I can't even think of any brands to look at. I need something for her for everyday wear til the end of the summer.

She wears a kids size 12. Thanks

winterst4r Mon 28-Jul-14 20:54:04

Campers are cute. Saltwaters are good too

rumtumtugger Mon 28-Jul-14 21:00:49

Vivobarefoot water shoes? Have a look at happylittlesoles for barefoot shoes, might be less choice in her size tho

kahori Mon 28-Jul-14 21:05:13

Thanks for the replies. I'm having a look at the suggestions.

She has a sensory processing disorder so things like comfortable footwear are a big deal.

rum I've been looking at the Vivibarefoot ones. They look good. Have you tried them?

rumtumtugger Tue 29-Jul-14 21:32:45

Not tried them myself but I know a few parents/kids who have them and are v happy. Just bought rootys for dd1s school shoes - they're short and wide so it may be best to get fitted in a shop or buy a couple of sizes online then return

Pancakeflipper Tue 29-Jul-14 21:35:30

I would suggest Salt Water sandals. Traditional yet funky looking and practical.

Picturesinthefirelight Tue 29-Jul-14 22:55:40

I'm after something similar for dd except she is size 2. Most are not wide enough. She loves her converse but they arnt supportive & sometimes arnt appropriate to wear.

She basically has converse, trainers & school shoes. Nothing dressy at all.

christinarossetti Tue 29-Jul-14 23:29:26

Timberland.

MissWimpyDimple Tue 29-Jul-14 23:35:02

DD has had a few pairs of the Vivo Barefoot and says they are very very comfy.

Solo Wed 30-Jul-14 01:24:19

Yes, Timberland. Shame really, If this had been last year, I could have sent you Dd's pair of size 13 Timberlands sad bad timing.

Solo Wed 30-Jul-14 01:25:37

My Dd wears Birkenstocks mostly now and they can be dressed up or down.

solosolong Wed 30-Jul-14 01:28:03

Saltwater are great, really comfy and come in lots of colours. My DD has silver.

AnonyMust Wed 30-Jul-14 04:03:15

Ecco
Startrite
Timberland

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now