Best cheap moisturiser

(21 Posts)
moonhowler Sat 19-Jul-14 11:20:10

Hi

I normally use elemis or dermalogica or Khiels. I have skin that can both get quite dry and prone to the odd spot. In my 30s and a few wrinkles around my eyes. And mouth. And forehead. Etc!

I need to cut down on spending and am off to buy one today. Any recommendations of best one under a tenner? Thankssmile

BuzzardBird Sat 19-Jul-14 11:32:13

Body Shop Aloe Vera has been a godsend for my skin. 48, not a wrinkle in sight...yet.

moonhowler Sat 19-Jul-14 11:45:11

Will try that thank you!

I really rate the Superdrug Vit E stuff.

Longleggedlovely Sat 19-Jul-14 11:55:57

Superdrug Vit E stuff here too. Saved me a fortune when I downgraded from Clinique!

Steam cream! This fab.

SwedishEdith Sat 19-Jul-14 12:23:47

Nivea soft - about £2 in Quality Save - or Superdrug's own in a small green pot. It might be sold in a box now. I doubt a moisturiser could stop wrinkles; think that'll be genes and/or sun exposure

mamalovesmojitos Sat 19-Jul-14 12:31:43

Aldi lacura Q10 cream. Love it.

moonhowler Sat 19-Jul-14 12:42:24

Superdrug vit e is one I've heard about before...will try also thanks!

La Roche Posay Toleriane. About £11 I think. Amazing. It's the only moisturiser I've ever re-bought repeatedly and I've tried gazillions from very cheap to very expensive. It's for sensitive skin and works brilliantly on combination skin. I absolutely love it.

moonhowler Sat 19-Jul-14 13:29:37

Where is la Roche sold?

Boots-prob other places too but I always just get it in there.

LemonBreeland Sat 19-Jul-14 13:42:47

Aldi Q10 is fantastic.

StrawberryMouse Sat 19-Jul-14 13:42:57

The one in Lidl. I can't even remember why I bought it but it's fab!

andsmile Sat 19-Jul-14 13:46:56

nivea soft

MadMaddox Sat 19-Jul-14 13:47:03

I've heard good things about the No7 moisturiser - Protect & Perfect.

dottypyjamas Sat 19-Jul-14 15:39:18

Nivea soft is ace - have been using it for about 10 years now, it's very soothing and sinks in quickly - cheap too, you can get small 150ml tubes to test if you like it

missmartha Sat 19-Jul-14 15:43:06

Aldi Q10, in fact I like all the Aldi ones.

TulipOHare Sat 19-Jul-14 15:46:45

A few weeks ago I started washing my face with soap (L'Occitane) and moisturising with bog-standard Nivea. I hesitate to say anything because I desperately don't want to jinx it superstitious but my skin became amazing overnight and has stayed that way hmm

Somersetlady Sat 19-Jul-14 15:54:33

La Roche Posay often 3 for 2 in boots!

Goes against the grain here grin

If you love your moisturiser then why not buy it and save money elsewhere?
I love Philosophy Hope in a Jar and L'Occitane (blue jar)

I'd rather scrimp elswhere and buy them. If I buy a cheaper one, I hanker for my nice one.
Though I don't buy alot of make-up or have my eyebrows threaded or nails done, so I save there.
(I also dye my own hair, nothing to do with ££, I just don't like having my head touched. I can bear a haircut but no more )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now