£30 to spend in M&S. What should I buy?

(23 Posts)
MrsKoala Sat 12-Jul-14 22:12:24

I have a £30 voucher to spend in M&S and I have read good things about the skincare/beauty products.

At the mo i could do with a new moisturiser and a tinted moisturiser/very light BB/CC cream (i have bought a few CC creams and they are no different from my estee lauder full foundation so i haven't been keen - altho i am willing to be converted). I have quite nice skin with freckles so don't want a heavy coverage - more of an evener for some pink blotchy bits. My skin can get oily so i don't like a heavy moisturiser, more a light lotion than heavy rich cream. I usually use estee lauder tinted moisturiser and l'oreal revitalift double lift moisturiser

Or is there something else great at the M&S beauty counter i should buy instead of moisturiser/tinted moisturiser?

Gillybobs Sun 13-Jul-14 00:06:34

I know they have started stocking Stila make up which is very well thought of. I've also bought Nuxe skin care from them and really liked it, reviews are excellent

MrsKoala Sun 13-Jul-14 22:32:20

Thanks. I've just looked at the Nuxe stuff online and wow it is pricey. I would have expected M&S to be a bit more reasonable, but £30 approx for a moisturiser is pretty steep i think. Not sure if i think it's worth it. I'd have to read some pretty stonking reviews first.

Gillybobs Sun 13-Jul-14 22:51:32

Loads of reviews online

www.feelunique.com/brands/nuxe/moisturising-anti-fatigue

Gillybobs Sun 13-Jul-14 22:53:01

Every single product seems to have five star reviews. I'd say the same to be honest, fantastic stuff

www.feelunique.com/brands/nuxe/ultra-comforting-care

MrsKoala Sun 13-Jul-14 23:05:33

I think i may go for the NUXE Crème Fraîche de Beauté Light to start with and see if i like it. Which products do you use?

Cranagh Sat 23-Aug-14 22:49:23

I really like Nuxe and it is 20% off in M&S atm. It's a great range. You could spend your voucher on the Huile Prodigieuse, which you can use on your face, hair and body, and is lovely.

NormHonal Sat 23-Aug-14 22:52:33

Shed loads of Percy Pigs, obv. grin

<unhelpful>

Panzee Sat 23-Aug-14 22:53:43

Three bottles of wine.
Oh, wrong topic. grin

CecyHall Sun 24-Aug-14 10:00:02

I really like the REN bb cream at the moment, it's not too heavy (has been perfect during the hot weather) and I don't look too covered up and not orange.

ShyGirlie Sun 24-Aug-14 11:29:35

three dine in for 3 for a tenner meals. 3 friday night treats and no cooking!!

TallulahBetty Sun 24-Aug-14 12:55:32

I concur with a year's supply of Perry Pigs grin

WildBillfemale Sun 24-Aug-14 13:18:39

Nuxe honey lip balm is the best in the world, spend the rest on boy shorts and macaroni cheese

MrsKoala Sun 24-Aug-14 13:19:55

Thanks all. <deep breath and whispers> i hate percy pigs shock . Sorry about that everyone. I couldn't possibly contemplate putting a squidgy jelly type sweet like that near me. Just thinking about the texture makes me feel queasy.

I have still got the voucher as i haven't got to an M&S yet. But i could order online i think if i knew what i wanted. I need a day moisturiser and a light bb cream (usually use Estee Lauder tinted moisturiser but thought i may go for something different for a change).

KristinaM Sun 24-Aug-14 13:31:10

Another vote for three Dine in for a tenner meals

But then, as Gillybob will confirm , I'm not much good with make up

Listen to her on the skincare BTW , she knows her stuff

aylesburyduck Sun 24-Aug-14 14:04:39

oh tallulah my lovey... £30 is not a years supply of percy pigs! It's barely a months worth grin

With my sensible head on I'd be treating myself to some very nourishing body lotion, at this time of year it always feels dry.

Or a new dressing gown...mine is well past its best!

aylesburyduck Sun 24-Aug-14 14:06:30

I also meant to say I have their autograph coral blusher, it's a gorgeous shade and works wonders on perking up my face.

MrsKoala Sun 24-Aug-14 14:49:30

What about this moisturiser? Looks like it has good reviews.

soaccidentprone Sun 24-Aug-14 14:57:52

I'd buy this and the REN BB

polyhymnia Sun 24-Aug-14 15:01:40

I would spend it on Autograph tights personally. New season ones should be in now .

MrsKoala Sun 24-Aug-14 15:04:31

I would have a few years ago poly, but with a rambunctious toddler who insists i climb trees, and a baby coming on Weds, my skirt and dress days are on hold sad

BBQSteak Sun 24-Aug-14 15:10:01

food lol

then spend the 30quid I liked on anything

cloutiedumpling Sun 24-Aug-14 15:49:06

I love their tights. They are the only ones that don't make me look like Nora Batty by the end of the day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now