these shoes with skinnies?

(29 Posts)
woolypigs Wed 09-Jul-14 09:54:35

Is this an Ok look or should I wear longer over shoe trousers?

herbaceous Mon 14-Jul-14 09:58:49

Thanks for the inspiration/reassurance GGP. I shall step out proudly in my new shoes, once it's not sandal weather!

Greengardenpixie Sat 12-Jul-14 11:24:47

knee length skirts look fine with Hamble oaks. I wear mine with denim skirts, wide legs, crops, bootlegs, some dresses that are shift style, tunic dresses and shortish a-line skirts or straight skirt knee length. its a case of just trying different things. Slim ankle grazers would look great with yours without socks. I think they are very versatile. I wear them mostly in the autumn winter. I have the dark wine...go with everything and the camel I wear less.

herbaceous Sat 12-Jul-14 10:41:25

I've just got myself a pair of Hamble Oaks, in silver and white. I'd been coveting them for ages, then they were 50% off in the sale! Result!

However, I'm not sure what to wear them with. I like the rolled-up chino look, but have hideous cankles, so not sure that's a good look. Could they go with bare legs and knee-length skirts? What about the dreaded legging and short dress?

dexter73 Sat 12-Jul-14 10:33:03

He's not wearing brogues or rolled up chinos though?! He's wearing loafers and unrolled trousers!

GretchenWiener Sat 12-Jul-14 10:32:56

ageing

burnishedsilver Sat 12-Jul-14 10:02:40

Am I the only one that thinks the sockless brogue / rolled up chino look is a bit too sonny crocket, or am I just aging myself?

GretchenWiener Sat 12-Jul-14 07:34:51

No socks. You're right. Way cooler

woolypigs Fri 11-Jul-14 23:25:03

No they are hotel diva in grey.

Greengardenpixie Fri 11-Jul-14 12:04:33

Oh they are hamble oak arent they? I have two pairs. They are amazing!!! I love brogues!! So lovely and very classy. I dont agree with kaykayblue, i think they look good with lots of things...but i would avoid full or a-line skirts below the knee with them as that would tend to look frumpy!

kaykayblue Fri 11-Jul-14 09:44:50

Hipster OR a middle aged...

kaykayblue Fri 11-Jul-14 09:44:31

I'm sorry - I am simply too prejudiced against brogues to give an impartial answer.

I hate them so hard.

I do think that brogues with skinny jeans screams "Hipster", so unless that's the look you're going for, then I would avoid. Well, Hipster of middle aged librarian trying to be trendy. I don't there's much difference between the two to be honest...

woolypigs Fri 11-Jul-14 06:34:47

I don't do sandals my feet are very ugly. These shoes are for work as we need to wear closed toe shoes.

They are deliciously comfortable. They are by Clarks and are leather.

ElephantsNeverForgive Thu 10-Jul-14 21:55:43

I give a small lemar about things fashionable, I just have a real problem with uncomfortable, impractical footwear.

I've spent today, fruitlessly searching for comfortable, leather lined sandals, that cost >£50 and aren't decorated with ridiculous frilly flowers.

woolypigs Thu 10-Jul-14 20:06:26

I have size 7 feet. So it does look a bit odd.

OnlyLovers Thu 10-Jul-14 10:57:31

I think they look good with the skinnies. And NO, no socks!

TheGirlFromIpanema Thu 10-Jul-14 10:25:19

I think they look ok with the skinnies actually - unless your feet are bigger than they look in the pics smile

I couldn't do it as I have size 7 flippers but the rolled up chino's someone suggested would go well with them if the feet are bigger imo!

Greengardenpixie Thu 10-Jul-14 09:07:43

I would have said that they didnt look that great...a bit frumpy but actually they look ok in the full length shot. I think they are fine with your skinnies but the 'look' would probably benefit from a slightly longer more of a tunic top?

burnishedsilver Thu 10-Jul-14 08:44:39

I was just thinking the same thing Dexter.

I would wear socks with those shoes but only if the trousers hid them. I'd hate the feel of them without socks.

dexter73 Thu 10-Jul-14 06:51:34

I don't give a monkeys about fashion - maybe you are on the wrong board!!

ElephantsNeverForgive Thu 10-Jul-14 01:08:10

I don't give a monkeys about fashion. I think not wearing socks with winter shoes/trainers is unhygienic, yucky and a bit of bare leg looks daft.

And in any case anything except leather lined sandals is uncomfortable without socks.

SinglePringle Wed 09-Jul-14 16:37:01

Oh, blimey - agree to no socks! Would look very strange.

woolypigs Wed 09-Jul-14 16:24:49

They are light grey shoes. But surely socks on show is a nono

frankietwospots Wed 09-Jul-14 12:03:19

eeek, definitely no socks!

ElephantsNeverForgive Wed 09-Jul-14 11:52:35

It's why your not wearing dark socks that puzzles me.

woolypigs Wed 09-Jul-14 11:49:04

I have just gone and bought slim jeans looks much better

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now