What make up do you put on, daily?

(81 Posts)
Greengardenpixie Mon 07-Jul-14 19:29:44

Just wondering. I just normally wear eyeliner, mascara and some blusher. I put concealer where I need it and that's it. Im 46. Do you wear foundation daily? I used to wear it and then I ran out and haven't bought more yet...but sometimes it worries me that if people get used to me with it on...then when I cant be bothered [ and I have days like that] then they will think I look awful!!!!

OnlyLovers Thu 10-Jul-14 12:20:40

Work and going out: primer, foundation, concealer under eyes, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, powder. Cream blusher sometimes, but I'm not particularly pale so only if I've overdone the foundation and need some contouring grin.

Always brush my eyebrows so they're neat, but use a pencil on them only sometimes.

I need the eyeshadow most, IMO; I look much less tired with it on and people tell me I look well.

For just pottering around the neighbourhood I usually just wear the primer (as it has a sunblock) and mascara. Maybe concealer if I look particularly knackered and dark-circled, and powder if it's warm and I might go shiny-faced.

honeyandbutter Thu 10-Jul-14 10:47:57

I'm 41 and wear a light foundation, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, blusher and lipstick (must-have).

Weekends are make-up free apart from lipstick and eyeliner, unless I'm going out.

Evenings out = full slap with my more pricier make-up range (Touche Eclat and YSL foundation). I've found the older I get the more I need. Hardly wore any in my 20s and early 30s.

beccajoh Thu 10-Jul-14 09:06:50

Depends how tired I look and if I'm leaving the house. Usually a bit of under-eye concealer and a bit of blusher so I don't look dead.

Greengardenpixie Thu 10-Jul-14 09:02:38

Well Dame, none of the males in my family take any care of their appearance. Mind you my dh is 49 and couldnt care less. My other older boys also dont really care...well they are all in their 20's and i must admit that does surprise me..but anything that expends energy like washing it way too much like hard work!!
With two girls and then me and only one toilet its just as well!!!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 10-Jul-14 08:53:06

The awful daughter-ime men these days agonise over their appearance just as much if not more than women. I think if it was socially acceptable men would be slapping make up on! Certainly ds and his mates spend hours in the bathroom doing hair and grooming. Between Dh,ds and me I'm the one who is up and ready the fastest even though I wear full slap.

Eliza22 Thu 10-Jul-14 08:39:50

I do it for me. DH says I look lovely without it but....it's my choice.

BB Cream, Benefit High Beam and Mascara.
also uses chubby sticks as blusher

Passmethecrisps Tue 08-Jul-14 08:55:32

I wear all Clinique.

I quite often wear nothing if I am just kickig about the house but for work I always wear eyeliner and mascara. Sometimes I will add a powder and blusher if I feel like it.

I do have foundation and concealer but rarely ever use them.

kaykayblue Tue 08-Jul-14 08:50:50

On a daily basis, bare minimum -

*clinique concealer under eyes and on any blemishes/scars,
*a bit of clinique chubby stick on my cheeks (it's mean to go on your lips but I can't be bothered to buy new blushers),
*carmex lip balm.

Now my hair is darker I try to remember to put a bit of eye brow pencil on as well. It looks so much better when I remember to do it!

Sometimes I will also use a bit of CC cream, mascara and a bit of colour on my lips (normally just a nude lipstick).

TheAwfulDaughter Tue 08-Jul-14 08:50:22

These threads make me sad actually.

Men don't wear make up at all without agonising that they look 'sickly' or 'pale' and they are never pulled up for looking so.

TheAwfulDaughter Tue 08-Jul-14 08:47:06

Just moisturiser ands I'll pat on some MAC Studio Fix powder foundation to even out my complexion, I'm quite blemishy.

I paint it on when I go out for fun, but I don't need to wear it everyday. Depending on my complexion, I may not wear anything to work/the shops.

icanmakeyouicecream Tue 08-Jul-14 08:40:36

Primer, bb cream, concealer, bare minerals medium beige powder, blusher, glow under eyes, mascara, eye liner, Vaseline. Every day, 10 mins

Eliza22 Tue 08-Jul-14 08:23:55

Foundation
Blush
Concealer
Mascara
Eye shadow
Lippy .... I have a Nosferatu bloodless look about me, without it.

LizzieMint Tue 08-Jul-14 07:57:01

I disagree sylvia I can bet you wouldn't look ill without it, just normal! When I occasionally see my never-go-without friends without their makeup on, they just look like my friends without makeup on - totally normal.
To you, you would look different of course but you'd get used to it. I had laser surgery done on my eyes and it took a long while to get used to seeing my face without glasses on - now if I look at photos of me with glasses, THAT looks odd because it's no longer what I'm used to.

Rainydayblues Tue 08-Jul-14 07:30:46

Lipstick and maybe some primer.

Greengardenpixie Tue 08-Jul-14 07:23:54

"My thing with makeup is that unless you want a lot of attention (which you might, fair enough), be consistent. If I stopped wearing all my makeup, I absolutely would look ill, but equally, when I've seen normally minimal friends wearing a lot of makeup suddenly, it can be conspicuous. If I were to advise a friend on how to start wearing makeup more I would definitely say ease into it, despite the fact I clearly wear a lot."

Totally agree with this smile

singaporeswing Tue 08-Jul-14 07:16:50

I live in the tropics so have had to seriously change my make up routine from back home.

Clinique City Block SPF 40
Lancome concealer everywhere
Laura Mercier Tinter Moisturiser
Powder, contour & highlight
Eyebrows
Depending on how late I'm running - eyeshadow & liner
Curl eyelashes and mascara
Lip liner & lipstick.

Normally takes me about 5-10 minutes depending on how distracted I get!

MrsAtticus Tue 08-Jul-14 02:16:14

Just foundation - I wouldn't bother but look grim without it.

catsofa Tue 08-Jul-14 02:05:49

None. Life is too short.

GirlOverboard Tue 08-Jul-14 01:53:59

Concealer, foundation, powder, blusher/bronzer, eyeliner, mascara, eyebrow pencil, lipstick

Carpaccio Mon 07-Jul-14 23:23:59

I use more makeup now than I did before as I am far more interested in it, have more money to spend on it and because I really enjoy doing my makeup and wearing makeup.

On a daily basis, I wear foundation or tinted moisturiser or BB cream. I tend to wear medium coverage during winter and light coverage during summer. Today is a BB cream.
I almost always wear SPF underneath, but I seem to always forget to wear a primer despite having quite a few.

I set the base with a transparent loose powder.

Neutral shimmery eyeshadow such as Chanel Illusion d'ombre in Emerveille. Often line with a Mac Mystery eyeshadow on a push liner brush - it's very subtle.
Brown mascara.

Lipstick - can be any colour, just not nude.
Blusher - same tone as lipstick.

A hint of highlighter on the top of the cheekbones.

I rarely wear concealer (and if I do, it's only on spots/blemishes). I probably wear proper eyeliner instead of the eyeshadow once a week or so.

I tint my eyebrows so it's only if I haven't done that that I run a bit of colour through my brows as they are completely invisible when not tinted.

polyhymnia Mon 07-Jul-14 23:01:30

Often none, though always use several skin care products and, most days, a lip balm. And I do have my brows and lashes tinted.

Agree with PP that vast majority of people don't necessarily look worse without make up and plenty of people look worse with it ( eg if not very subtle it can be hugely ageing).

When I do use it , go for 'non make up' style of make-up.

ThisBitchIsResting Mon 07-Jul-14 22:54:20

Light foundation
Cream blush
Highlighter
Lipgloss
Brow stuff

If going out out I add eyeshadow and mascara and lippy. I never used to wear makeup but my complexion needs help post kids. I look quite dead without it.

ThisIsSylviaDaisyPouncer Mon 07-Jul-14 22:33:08

Yep that's primer foundation and powder. I could live without primer but without powder my makeup just disappears.

My thing with makeup is that unless you want a lot of attention (which you might, fair enough), be consistent. If I stopped wearing all my makeup, I absolutely would look ill, but equally, when I've seen normally minimal friends wearing a lot of makeup suddenly, it can be conspicuous. If I were to advise a friend on how to start wearing makeup more I would definitely say ease into it, despite the fact I clearly wear a lot.

goodasitgets Mon 07-Jul-14 22:30:00

How long have you got?! grin

Foundation, concealer, highlighter, powder, blusher
Eye primer, eyeshadows (3/4 usually), eyeliner, mascara
Brow pencil, brow gel
Lip balm/gloss/stick (not all at once)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now