What make up do you put on, daily?

(81 Posts)
Greengardenpixie Mon 07-Jul-14 19:29:44

Just wondering. I just normally wear eyeliner, mascara and some blusher. I put concealer where I need it and that's it. Im 46. Do you wear foundation daily? I used to wear it and then I ran out and haven't bought more yet...but sometimes it worries me that if people get used to me with it on...then when I cant be bothered [ and I have days like that] then they will think I look awful!!!!

Eliza22 Thu 10-Jul-14 08:39:50

I do it for me. DH says I look lovely without it but....it's my choice.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 10-Jul-14 08:53:06

The awful daughter-ime men these days agonise over their appearance just as much if not more than women. I think if it was socially acceptable men would be slapping make up on! Certainly ds and his mates spend hours in the bathroom doing hair and grooming. Between Dh,ds and me I'm the one who is up and ready the fastest even though I wear full slap.

Greengardenpixie Thu 10-Jul-14 09:02:38

Well Dame, none of the males in my family take any care of their appearance. Mind you my dh is 49 and couldnt care less. My other older boys also dont really care...well they are all in their 20's and i must admit that does surprise me..but anything that expends energy like washing it way too much like hard work!!
With two girls and then me and only one toilet its just as well!!!

beccajoh Thu 10-Jul-14 09:06:50

Depends how tired I look and if I'm leaving the house. Usually a bit of under-eye concealer and a bit of blusher so I don't look dead.

honeyandbutter Thu 10-Jul-14 10:47:57

I'm 41 and wear a light foundation, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, blusher and lipstick (must-have).

Weekends are make-up free apart from lipstick and eyeliner, unless I'm going out.

Evenings out = full slap with my more pricier make-up range (Touche Eclat and YSL foundation). I've found the older I get the more I need. Hardly wore any in my 20s and early 30s.

OnlyLovers Thu 10-Jul-14 12:20:40

Work and going out: primer, foundation, concealer under eyes, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, powder. Cream blusher sometimes, but I'm not particularly pale so only if I've overdone the foundation and need some contouring grin.

Always brush my eyebrows so they're neat, but use a pencil on them only sometimes.

I need the eyeshadow most, IMO; I look much less tired with it on and people tell me I look well.

For just pottering around the neighbourhood I usually just wear the primer (as it has a sunblock) and mascara. Maybe concealer if I look particularly knackered and dark-circled, and powder if it's warm and I might go shiny-faced.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now