What make up do you put on, daily?

(81 Posts)
Greengardenpixie Mon 07-Jul-14 19:29:44

Just wondering. I just normally wear eyeliner, mascara and some blusher. I put concealer where I need it and that's it. Im 46. Do you wear foundation daily? I used to wear it and then I ran out and haven't bought more yet...but sometimes it worries me that if people get used to me with it on...then when I cant be bothered [ and I have days like that] then they will think I look awful!!!!

LineRunner Mon 07-Jul-14 19:33:09

BB cream. It's really good for evening things out, like my stupidly sunburnt nose.

hollycomputer Mon 07-Jul-14 19:34:03

Uh, all of it usually. Foundation, blusher, powder, eyeshadow and mascara. I don't often bother with eyeliner or doing my eyes 'properly' unless I'm going out at the weekend but everything else goes on.

I look wretched without makeup.

Cooroo Mon 07-Jul-14 19:34:36

None. Never really learned how. At 54 I'm beginning to think I'd better start.

Singsongmama Mon 07-Jul-14 19:35:35

Eyeliner as minimum. Full slap would be Clinique light foundation, very sparingly used, eyeliner, mascara and tinted lipgloss.

Saurus72 Mon 07-Jul-14 19:36:54

Cream eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, foundation, powder, blusher and lipstick/gloss. Pretty much every day maybe a bit less on Sundays.

Chopsypie Mon 07-Jul-14 19:40:34

Powder, blusher, mascara.

Otherwise I look look sickly!

WestEast Mon 07-Jul-14 19:42:11

Bb cream, powder, blusher or bronzer, eyeliner and mascara.

flowery Mon 07-Jul-14 19:42:55

My absolute minimum is concealer, foundation and eyeliner.

Foundation, loose powder, brow gel (to tidy) and mascara every day. If going to work/out somewhere special, I also wear eyeliner, eye shadow & blusher.

Greengardenpixie Mon 07-Jul-14 19:46:18

Do you think you need more make up the older you get...or less?

sooperdooper Mon 07-Jul-14 19:49:09

Every day, foundation, concealer, mascara, eye shadow, eye brow pencil blusher - if I'm going out I'll add eye liner and highlighter

Wear whatever you feel comfortable with, just because other people wear more or less doesn't mean you have to smile

magimedi Mon 07-Jul-14 19:50:15

I am old - nearly 60 & I put on tinted lip gloss most days.

Beyond that I don't bother.

Take me as I am, warts & all & all make up seems to highlight the warts!

VioletBrogues Mon 07-Jul-14 19:50:25

Illuminating cream, BB cream, blusher, eyebrow pencil, eye shadow, mascara, lipstick. Sometimes eye liner.

Takes about 5 - 10 minutes max

absolute minimum just mascara. full on face (for daily/ work) either foundation or bb cream, mascara, bronzer, vaseline for lips.

GermyElephant Mon 07-Jul-14 19:50:42

None smile

Foundation, powder, bronzer, liquid eyeliner, brow pencil. Mascara.

Out of habit and that I look terrible without it. Everyday.

Mrsgrumble Mon 07-Jul-14 19:55:10

I've pared mine down since baby arrived

Always use compact foundation 3 in 1 by max factor
Brow definer - HD brows
Mascara and eyeliner
St tropez bronzer
Lipstick in pink shade

Don't bother too much ith eyeshadow and blusher

TwllBach Mon 07-Jul-14 19:59:26

I didn't wear make up at all until about two years ago (I'm 26) but now I wear it every day:

- foundation, powder for everyday and I have a cream one for 'going out'
- blusher
- mascara

That's minimum, if I'm going out for lunch or for an interview or I just want to feel better I will wear eye shadow and eyeliner and maybe a lipstick.

It sounds like such a lot, but I don't think I look like I'm wearing make up...

Concealer under eyes, powder to set it, mascara and a bit of blusher. Eyebrow pencil if I have time.

penguinpaperback Mon 07-Jul-14 20:06:52

Concealer, Touche, Foundation, Blusher, Mascara, light coloured Lip Gloss.

MrsLundyBancroft Mon 07-Jul-14 20:09:34

Primer and eyelid primer. Illuminator and foundation followed by powder. Eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara and lipstick.

I'm a reasonably recent convert to wearing more make up since I kicked stbxh out two years ago. Before then I was always too ground down to bother but nowadays I like to make an effort. Just for me.

Theoldhag Mon 07-Jul-14 20:12:42

Sanctuary bb cream, mascara that's it usually, lippy and eye shadow for evenings and lunches etc. I tend to go for 'natural' look.

Treaclepot Mon 07-Jul-14 20:16:39

Usually none, occasionally a bit of concealer and mascara in the day.

Sixpencenonethericher Mon 07-Jul-14 20:36:04

Clinique foundation and loose powder
Clinique brown eyeshadow
Clinique brown mascara
Clinique blusher
Clinique almost lipstick in black honey

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now