Gemstone pendant with no setting?

(19 Posts)

Has anyone seen something like this? I want a pendant for a necklace but want something really simple. I have been looking and looking, but really the settings put me off. I really only want it to stop the catch of my necklace rolling round to the front.

Have you considered a charm from somewhere like pandora? I know it's not everybody's cup of tea and I'm not suggesting a silver hippo or anything... but maybe one of theirs with a stone in, or one of the murano beads might work? I have a pandora bracelet and sometimes wear a charm or two as a pendant instead.

Your Op is quite vague... Do you want something chunky and simple or small and dainty? Should it be gemstones? Is it basically a diamond pendant that you're looking for?

When you said simple I thought of something like this (see pic)

I have a necklace I wear daily with 2 small pendants, they don't stop the catch rolling to the front.

Not sure what the answer is to that conundrum.

capsium Mon 07-Jul-14 18:20:54

Sorry not to get back to you sooner. Snowed under...

Do pendants not help with the catch thing? Bugger.

I think Op may have been vague as I haven't seen any pendants that I like. I love my chain! It is a wheat seed gold chain, so quite distinctive and delicate. I do hate the clasp being at the front every time I look in the mirror though.

You could clip a pendant on to the clasp to make if look intentional or a charm or get an earring turned into a pendant.

It all really depends on your taste.

Personally I fancy this on a fine gold chain (lotus pic)

But this could also look nice (bird)

Or if you're not into obvious representations of things (ingot)

I quite like the style of all of those MrsC. Where did you find them?

Just google. I searched for 'gold charms'

Thanks.

mycatlikestwiglets Wed 09-Jul-14 10:14:49

Anything here?

MrsWolowitz Wed 09-Jul-14 10:17:32

Mrs That circle necklace n your first post is gorgeous. Where is it from?

I do like those sparkly ones. Thanks.

Here's a link MrsWolowitz. I'm keep saying im going to have a bash at making one like this myself in silver but haven't found the time unfortunately!

linkage

MrsWolowitz Wed 09-Jul-14 17:08:07

Thanks. It's so pretty!

MrsMarigold Wed 09-Jul-14 17:57:43

This one might be a bit expensive but it is very simple I have it and it gets admired. Diamond Pendant

It's lovely!

MrsMarigold Wed 09-Jul-14 18:26:37

Or check out ECOne if you want to spend less - there is a good one by Melissa McArthur and SuShilla.

MrsMarigold Wed 09-Jul-14 18:28:25

Or check out ECOne if you want to spend less - there is a good one by Melissa McArthur and SuShilla. Could get it put on your chain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now