What sunglasses do you wear?

(76 Posts)
LovingSummer Fri 04-Jul-14 19:23:52

What's good about them and where did you get them from?

Mine have broken and I've never bothered to have a nice pair, but thought I would treat myself this time round.

Any ideas?

TheRainDrops Fri 18-Jul-14 22:13:40

RayBan Clubmasters, tortoiseshell frames. Had been coveting them for years till DH relented and bought them for my birthday! Totally love them, so classy and classic (yes even if I do say so myself!) grin

Norfolknway Fri 18-Jul-14 21:04:34

Tortoiseshell Wayfarer's at the mo'

I've had
2 x Chanel
2 x Prada

In the past 10 years - they've all died various deaths but I wouldn't have it any other way. I wear them hard shock

AwkwardSquad Fri 18-Jul-14 21:00:58

Jil Sander tortoiseshell ones, courtesy of TKMaxx. You need to check the labels for the level of UV protection, they sell a lot that are just level one.

LoveYouDarling Fri 18-Jul-14 19:56:06

Cartier

polyhymnia Fri 18-Jul-14 19:53:43

Lots of nice ones here.

My problem is that, when I wear contacts I can take my pick, but when, as often, I wear glasses it's not so good. Could have prescription sunglasses but then what happens when I go from the bright sun outside to a dark interior? Light sensitive prescription sunglasses? Possibly a bit weird?

Wadingthroughsoup Fri 18-Jul-14 19:28:48

Chocolou, I found that a lot of the online retailers (e.g. sunglass hut) have a search filter for face shape, so that you can search styles most likely to suit you. I, too, have a round face (and quite small) and bought a pair of these yesterday:

Abzs Fri 18-Jul-14 16:01:51

Bloc or Julbo. Not particularly stylish and rather outdoorsy, but have proper lenses and side coverage.

They both make everything from top end mountaineering glasses to technical pub sunnies.

nipersvest Fri 18-Jul-14 14:30:26

the ones i wear the most cost £3 and came from tesco, but i mistreat my sunnies and just chuck them loose in my handbag. i have a more expensive pair, £3.95 wink of lee cooper ones from sports direct which i also really like as they look really retro.

am going to get a new pair probably from tk maxx as i wear sunglasses all the time otherwise i get headaches.

missmartha Fri 18-Jul-14 13:40:12

Rayban Wayfarers, tortoiseshell. I've had them for bout 15 years and still love them.

Chocolou Fri 18-Jul-14 11:26:50

Some lovely ones on here. I've got a roundish shape face. What shape should I be buying? Want to invest

Wadingthroughsoup Fri 18-Jul-14 09:20:46

HarrySnotter, I bought that exact pair yesterday! Though a tad more expensive- I'm hoping that's just because mine are polarized and those ones maybe aren't?! I love them, really pleased with my choice smile

Chewbecca Sat 05-Jul-14 21:53:44

I have these Ralph Lauren sunglasses that I bought at an airport about 4 years ago after trying on every pair in the store & wear these when I have my contact lenses in.
I also have tortoiseshell Rayban Wayfarers that have prescription lenses in & I chose in the opticians for when I am not wearing my contacts (most of the time)

umiaisha Sat 05-Jul-14 21:30:28

I wear Rayban Wayfarers in tortoiseshell. I went for the fold up ones as they take up hardly any room in my handbag. Only problem is I lose them at least 5 times a day!!

cressetmama Sat 05-Jul-14 21:23:00

Maui Jims fit close on the face and are v comfortable as well as being laid back cool. Also have several/many other pairs bought in sales and at TK Maxx and at opticians, but the Maui Jims get most use. Good for running in particular because they don't bounce around.

FestiveRoad Sat 05-Jul-14 20:51:43

Ok, thanks lead. Need to get to the shops and try some on I think.

Rainydayblues Sat 05-Jul-14 19:49:42

Maui jim - great lenses, low glare...so comfortable. Am tempted to buy a pair of mirrored new style wayfarers but the quality of the lens worries me.

leadrightfoot Sat 05-Jul-14 19:35:21

Says model 130 but partially worn
The others I CBA To go and seek but look for the all in one lense style it wraps more than others IMHO

I recently broke my Vivienne Westwoods <wail>

FestiveRoad Sat 05-Jul-14 19:03:18

Leadrightfoot and Apollonia6 can you tell me which model Oakleys you have which let no light in at the sides? I'm looking for some Polarized ones for driving and general use. Thanks!

MintyFrogsShouldBeLicked Sat 05-Jul-14 18:45:00

Nike Nix in black and tortoiseshell - I love they don't let any light in round the sides. They are permanently a part of my wardrobe as I am particularly sensitive to light, so if not on my face they are on my head summer and winter. Worn this style for years.

I would love to break away and get a different shape but don't want to spend £££'s and then not wear them.

SocialMediaAddict Sat 05-Jul-14 18:32:46

Rayban Aviators in gold. Third pair. I love them.

HappyGirlNow Sat 05-Jul-14 13:58:07

John Lewis and other department stores or opticians to try them on..

I try them on in the shop

I have 2 in the car a pair in house all primark my fav car ones are 3 years old and cost 50pence as were in sale

LovingSummer Sat 05-Jul-14 12:33:08

Where do you all go to try them on?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now