Lvl lashes or extensions?

(29 Posts)
HoneyDragon Tue 01-Jul-14 08:49:14

Do lvl actually provide length? Can you wear mascara if you've had it done?

It sounds too good to be true and a lot more comfortable than extensions.

Tell me everything I need to to know and quickly so I can book grin

HoneyDragon Tue 01-Jul-14 13:05:49

Anyone?

<<needy>>

vindscreenviper Tue 01-Jul-14 14:29:58

Can I lurk on your thread please? I'm thinking about getting these done before my holidays next month, I wonder if pool/sea water has any effect. I had my eyelashes permed & tinted a few years ago and they seemed to drop out more than usual afterwards so never again. One of my friends has had Hollywood Lashes (or similar) for years and now she has no natural lashes at all sad.

Madamecastafiore Tue 01-Jul-14 14:31:22

Ruined my lashes, took ages to grow back. I'd steer clear!

vindscreenviper Tue 01-Jul-14 14:39:35

What happen Madame? Did your lashes drop out straight away?

HoneyDragon Tue 01-Jul-14 14:47:04

I've had extensions but they get a bit annoying, I'd hoped these were a good alternative

MooMinCow Tue 01-Jul-14 18:10:58

LVL is basically just a lash perm & tint, but instead of using curling rods they use a silicone shield which gives more of a lift at roots (like when you use curlers) rather than the lash curling round on itself.

I've had it done a few times (have long dark but stubbornly straight lashes) and it does make a huge difference. Only needed a thin coat of mascara most days and really opened my eyes. Lasted 4/5 weeks.

But, I did find I lost quite a few lashes, and needed to go back to daily Revitalash applications to restore patchiness.

I would get it done around Xmas or if I had a month ahead full of events, but I think it would wreck your lashes if you had it regularly!

Google Lisa Eldridge's video about it

StickyEmInTheRibs Tue 01-Jul-14 18:20:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HoneyDragon Tue 01-Jul-14 18:26:56

So probably best to stick to falsies and not poke them?

I thought it sounded to good to be true sad

vindscreenviper Tue 01-Jul-14 19:53:45

I have just goggled Rivitalash, it's not cheap us it? Do you need to use the conditioner +primer+mascara? I've £90 of birthday cash left, shall I splurge?

MooMinCow Tue 01-Jul-14 20:17:16

Revitalash does work. It seems to hold lashes in the growing stage for longer so they don't shed as much. You need to use nightly for at least a month then I use 2-3 times a week to maintain the effect.

I get mine from QVC. You can send back within 30 days if it doesn't suit. Don't bother with the mascara etc, just get the advanced conditioner

Madamecastafiore Tue 01-Jul-14 21:09:51

Not straight away, think having big old lashes stuck to them weakened them.

StickyEmInTheRibs Wed 02-Jul-14 19:07:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CockBollocks Wed 02-Jul-14 20:07:44

I'm going to go against the grain here and say I love LVL - had it done a few times with great results and no problems after at all.

Extensions however left me with virtually no lashes, my eyes felt weird and I really struggled not being able to rinse my face under the shower etc

HoneyDragon Wed 02-Jul-14 20:19:02

I've booked in for lash perfect lashes, I've not had issues with them before, I think possibly because my own lashes are quite short they don't feel two uncomfortable.

I don't want to pay for LVL if it won't give that much illusion of length and may fuck up my lashes.

vindscreenviper Sun 06-Jul-14 19:26:14

Well, I've ordered £60 worth of Revitalash lash conditioner - bloody hell, I feel like Marie Antoinette grin

HoneyDragon Sun 06-Jul-14 20:10:02

I've now got lash perfect lashes grin

I do like them as they aren't irritating, and look fab. Will see how long they last now smile

notapizzaeater Sun 06-Jul-14 20:13:46

What's lash perfect lashes then ? I've had lvl and falsies. The lvl didn't make that much difference to one and dropped out after a couple of weeks (my friend had it and it lasted 6 weeks and looked fab).

I have individual false ones on and they last about 6 weeks. I love them grin

HoneyDragon Sun 06-Jul-14 21:40:29

Lash perfects the brand name for singles falsies. I likes them grin

notapizzaeater Sun 06-Jul-14 22:10:56

I had nouveau lashes last time (same as yours) I loves them !

monikagb Mon 31-Aug-15 12:46:17

Hello I am 3 months pregnant and I wanted to do LVL lahes as they are amazing as I had them done before, are they safe? Please advise asapsmile

brucebogtrotter Mon 31-Aug-15 12:51:43

I have LVL lashes done every couple of months. As another poster said, they really open up your eyes and look amazing. Last about a month and a half too. Lash extensions for me were itchy, uncomfortable and took out huge clumps of eyelash. No loss at all with LVL. My technician won't do them if you're pregnant, in case you have a reaction to the perming solution.

Scarydinosaurs Mon 31-Aug-15 12:55:43

I found I had no loss from LVL but I didn't get the same dramatic lift from it that my sister and friends did. I would get it done again, because the tint is excellent quality, and the lift does make a difference.

Jackie0 Mon 31-Aug-15 13:39:51

I'm tempted to try the extensions etc but I hear some negative reviews and think , nah.
A good mascara can be very effective. Dior is always good, just put plenty on .

Toughasoldboots Mon 31-Aug-15 13:46:41

I have LVL done, the extreme lift, it really makes a difference for me, friends noticed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now